Fuel cleaners

Rb26dett

Hi all .would like to ask if those fuel cleaners really work?saw some at at supermarts and autobacs like the stp fuel cleaners.i dun really care bout those fuel savers or whatsoever.main concern is clean my 800cc injectors.

anyone got any experience on any of such products?

↡ Advertisement

thanks bro.will read it thru.i just bought a bottle of stp the silver bottle one.still contemplating whether to use it or not.

Neutral Newbie

Thats da complete fuel system cleaner rite, $20++/bottle?

claimed to be useful but dun use too often as its abrassive in nature

yes bro.got it for 19 bucks after discount.maybe will give it a try later at nite.i have use any of such products before and have read somewhere that some guys experienced alot of backfiring after pouring such things in.i do not want to damage anything on my car though.

A trip on the northsouth highway will do the job just as well.

Time to clear some carbon. [sly]

Hi all .would like to ask if those fuel cleaners really work?saw some at at supermarts and autobacs like the stp fuel cleaners.i dun really care bout those fuel savers or whatsoever.main concern is clean my 800cc injectors.

anyone got any experience on any of such products?

Neutral Newbie

my previous ride had side effect due to excessive fuel cleaner

current one, 3.5yo approaching 90k. Never use any. 2 wks ago bought redex but dunno yet when to use

like a bro said, i always clean carbon @ NSH thumbsup.gif

the instructions state to use 2 times a year. to be safe, use at least 1 time a year. doubt a brand like STP will damage the engine. STP is a well endorsed brand in USA.

hey thanks bro.just now i went to this heavy vehicle carpark to pour in the stp fuel cleaner then rev my engine for awhile as i do not want to create any problems there as stationary reving the engine is abit loud.

i wish i had time to go up north to clear some carbon .but maybe not this mth as its the 7th mth for the chinese calendar.

i certainly hope so.but just now after adding the stp , i drove to town and back home.on the way back i experienced some sound.as i am using forged engine internals , occasionally i would expect some slapping sounds during cold start.but just now the sound came in when i was on my way back after driving for an hr.

hopefully nothing is wrong.