[Nid Advice] - Car Washing/Detailing for New Car (for the first time)

Xspace

I have done reading around the forums and some websites, and this is a list which I came out with. Need some of the expert detailers advice.

I am putting in all MD products cos so far cos this is the brand which I seen mostly.

My car is black and less than 2 weeks, haven't wash before. Is this okay, or overdoing, or?

Thx... ...

===

1. Shampoo - #901 Car Wash, 2 Caps. Don't dry the car for claybar

2. Claybar - Soft99.

Claybar by panels and ensure there is water at the panels while claybar-ring. 1 Layer Okay?

3. Wash the car again, and dry it with waffle weave or drying towel

4. Sealant it

What to use, How to do?

Applied with?

How many layers? Time between layers?

5. Use #101 Polish & Cleaner with MF Cloth, thin layer,

6. Use #601 PBA with MF cloth, thin layer, no water allowed

how many layers? Time between layers?

7. Use #105 Total Performance Polish with MF Cloth, thin layer

8. Lastly, apply with #951 Aquawax and clean up with #921 Quick Detailer

[cool][cool][drivingcar][drivingcar]

Edited by Xspace
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Looking at your step, you are doing fine. DG101,106 and 105 just apply thinly and a layer will do. Just let it haze for abt 15min each step before buffing off the 101 and 105. 601 need not buff off, aft 15mins just top it with 105.

You may skip the 951 & 921 step as 105 need abt 24hrs to cure but if you still intend to use 951, just skip the 921. You may use the 921 & 951 the next wash, and use the 921 to clean the surface before applying 951.

(edited)

Thx for the advice...

BTW, buffing off means using the MF towel to wipe off right? [blush][dizzy]

Edited by Xspace

i know its always very exciting when you get a new ride... however i have come to link this idea, if u ride is extremely shiny and well maintained, be prepared to see [furious] on ur ride... can just ask some forumers.. somehow black rides when well maintained are vulunerable to itchy fingers.... coltagious, maddriver rides are some to begin with.. these are forumers whom i have known and met up offline before...

[;)]

I know man... My main intention is to do it once so that I can wash it easily when I need to, and still seeing the shine... (I need to meet clients occasionally for entertainment/stuffs)

TT's also why I am still very paranoid on choosing parking slots.

Home area, my area not so congested with cars so I park at higher decks where I see mostly new cars

Office area, I try to park near to the contis and reserved slots

Of cos, I can't prevent people from walking over or even leopard crawling over to give some graffiti. Speaking about this, I think I will find some hidden camera sticker to paste... [sly][:p][drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

Well bro, that's just your own opinion (maybe that's just you?). You can't compare how you and others would treasure their car right? Some uses their car as their work horse and don't bother maintaining it but some treasure their ride more than anything. Some people regard detailing as their hobby. So I guess if you don't have any constructive reply to what the TS asked just keep your opinion to yourself [thumbsup] .

It's okay bro...

Actually, my 2nd intention is also to learn...

It's damn frustrating to be a noob which is just me... I find that the situation is akin to people who use computers but don;t know the basic essential maintenance, or functions.

Talk about this, I haven't tried gas pumping myself in SG... [dizzy]

Wah... your steps very cheem leh.

I just washed with car shampoo, dry it off, wax it for the first time then done. Then it's all quick washes weekly until it's time to wax again.

While car is new it feels good to see it clean and shiny, but I believe after a while, other priorities tend to push car washing down the list.

I have done reading around the forums and some websites, and this is a list which I came out with. Need some of the expert detailers advice.

I am putting in all MD products cos so far cos this is the brand which I seen mostly.

My car is black and less than 2 weeks, haven't wash before. Is this okay, or overdoing, or?

Thx... ...

===

2. Claybar - Soft99.

Claybar by panels and ensure there is water at the panels while claybar-ring. 1 Layer Okay?

4. Sealant it

What to use, How to do?

Applied with?

cool.gifcool.gifdrivingcar.gifdrivingcar.gif

Congrat Bro..

The #101 is a cleaner wax to prep surface before #105 sealant...I would suggest do #101 once a month..And if you are applying #105 bi-weekly.. Use #601 will do..Its has some cleaning and will loosen up the old wax...

After #601..Follow by #105 and top with AW if you want to add more gloss on it..As for quick detail..Most uses it to clean up bird poo..tree sap and fresh water spot..

Hope the above helps..

===

Bro, for me I actually claybar my car with the shampoo suds on the paint i.e. without washing off. My personal feel is that it is smoother and will minimise swirls.

Only after claybar, then will I rinse off the suds. wink.gif

Thx... ...

===

2. Claybar - Soft99.

4. Sealant it

What to use, How to do?

Applied with?

[cool][cool][drivingcar][drivingcar]

My advice is dump the soft99 claybar.It doesnt really work well.Wait till you try other

brands like Meguiars,3m or wait for bro benny to bring in the DG claybar.

You will feel the difference immediately.