VW Touran Sport

Nikolaiski

VW cars are [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

their Touareg R50 tows a 747 [cool][pirate][shocked][shocked][shocked]

i sure hope they make a twin cabin pickup like musso and fit it with a Touareg R50 v10 diesel engine, with crazy suspension [sly], i sure recommend army to buy [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

Think the Touran is used by SMART taxi... Quite long liao as I took one when I was still in the service which was about 2 years ago... Maybe not so common as I think there's less than 20?

Forget abt Touran (IMHO a bit lacking in exterior) ...Tiguan is good enough. [thumbsup]

agreed... but wat it lacks in looks it makes up for in almost every other way [thumbsup][thumbsup]

are those touran taxis 1.4TSI??? no right. i think they are TDI 2.0.

anyway, the pre-owned Touran 1.4TSI was sold within 3 days after the ad...

resale of this car should be quite strong :mellow:

WAIT FOR PRICES OF VOLKSWAGEN TOURAN TO COME DOWN AND STABILISE?

The lowest recorded was $83K in Feb.The prices went up recently when the COE went up. I heard its selling now for $90K

Am one of the guys who wrote the reviews of Touran in sgcarmart. Bought it in Jan09. Was lucky to get it cheap as it was a lucky draw prize :) Here's my update on the car:-

Negatives

FC:- 9.5KM/L (Multi-display usually shows 10+, but my calculation says otherwise). This is the most disappointing bit of the car. Specs shows 13 - 14km/L (combined). Wah lao, mine is far away!!

After 4 months, some interior sound starts appearing, but not too bad.

A tad slow moving off, unlike my last Civic 2.0

Silly rain wipers! You cannot pull it up like any other cars. If you need to change, you must flick the wiper control after you switch off the engine ?!?!

Positives

VW service, so far so good. In fact, impressed. Every visit you get a car wash, and a very good one!!

This car is really functional, can't complain much. So many cups and compartments!!

In general, the car performs & drives well, power when needed (95 octane a bit sluggish though). Most importantly, it has not bore me yet. Always look forward to drive it.

Cheap road tax, although compensated by higher than expected FC.

The VW looks..... nice too.

No regrets. Looking forward to the new Touran to be out next year if I'm not wrong.

Silly rain wipers! You cannot pull it up like any other cars. If you need to change, you must flick the wiper control after you switch off the engine ?!?!

Is there a 'wiper service position' setting in the trip computer? Doing this will make the wipers come up by a few inches so you can change the blades. I've seen some Audis with this function, not sure if VW has it too.

↡ Advertisement