Disappointed with HSBC

Mica_blue

Neutral Newbie

I called HSBC up to wavie my annual fee and instead they wanted me to offset my bonus points instead . I said no bonus points. Then they offer me no alternative , ask me settle outstanding balance and write in to cancel card [confused]

Sad man . I have been their loyal customer , charging about $1k - 2k every month. Disappointed to be treated like this.[:/]

Compared to banks like Citibank , it was so easy to get them to wavie it off...

Edited by Mica_blue
↡ Advertisement

that's the way...jus cancel it and write in to their CEOand blast them....hopeless...another one is SCB...really CBunimpressed.gifunimpressed.gif

Are you disappointed that they did not give you a free waiver?

Just cancel the card before the expiry date, any outstanding fees just pay back.

Then just reapply loh.

To save you the hand effort to write-in to cancel...why not you just call them and claim you have lost your card and ask them to terminate the card immediately.

Edited by Leepee

Ya. Never like HSBC. Had an encounter with them 6 years back cos I was late in paying $19+ and got slapped with a $20 late payment charge. But the problem arose cos they were late in processing my cheque payment. In the end, LL pay up and terminate the card.

Customer service officer called me up a few weeks later to find out why I terminated my card. Told them the reason why and they offered to reinstate my card and refund me my $20. Told them to save it and hung up. [mad] Never look back since.....

Neutral Newbie

how come HSBC CSO cannot cancel the card via phone-in? must write in so hassle! in this case,HSBC service sucks [thumbsdown]

I called HSBC up to wavie my annual fee and instead they wanted me to offset my bonus points instead . I said no bonus points. Then they offer me no alternative , ask me settle outstanding balance and write in to cancel card [confused]

Sad man . I have been their loyal customer , charging about $1k - 2k every month. Disappointed to be treated like this.[:/]

I do encountered similiar case as you. HSBC charged me annual fee in June which I immediately called the operator to check.

Upon confirmation with him, he proposed to use 14,000 point to waive off the charges. I told him S$ 1= 1 point. Where on earth a guy will use S$ 14,000 to offset S$ 30 plus. I counteroffer him that I pay S$ 30 and HSBC remiburse me 14,000 point in worthing of cash.

Then he offered to reduce the points to 1,000 instead which I told him NO. Or HSBC will see me at their branch cancelling the card.

Finally he told me to charges 3 separate bills irregardless of any amount in July to waive off. I discovered that they have already waived off the charges before I use the card 3 times.

BE FIRM to them and they will relent.

OF cos, if the oustanding is quite a big sum then no point arguing with them. Instead HSBC will welcome you to settle all amount and cut off the card.

seems strange if you charge one to two K every month you must have bonus points and if you charge that much they would want to keep you

unless you have been paying minimal payment only

all my credit cards are free and perpectual.

I have chase citibank hsbc

its stated that there is an annual charge for ur card right? fee waiver is goodwill on their part (although most of the time can get [:p] ).. but if they refuse, then they're not in the wrong wat.

Stingy say stingy la.. [sly]

by the way, i oso stingy one [laugh]

For me, i got a bad experience wif OCBC bank recently. This is my 1st time wif OCBC bank. Previously, they r not like that leh...maybe i've seldom use this card & that's why they cannt waive the annual fee for me. I've recivd the annual fee statement but i've called in to make the waiver but they said that they can't waive it & said that will ask someone to call me back again. So, i've asked to cancel my card. They didnt called me back & send me another new statement again. [thumbsdown][furious][rifle]

Maybe U called them at the Wrong Time

Some customer services operator r Good

Some r like sh1t [rolleyes]

I do agreed what u've said.

how come HSBC CSO cannot cancel the card via phone-in? must write in so hassle! in this case,HSBC service sucks [thumbsdown]

Not only HSBC Bank leh.... [thumbsdown][furious]

Supersonic

Why bother with HSBC? Look for others:

1. Amro Switch - free annual fee for life

2. Maybank - charge 12 times a year, free annual fee

Aiya, every bank nowadays are like that one lah, Citibank is no different. I kenna ABN which is just as bad.

So it does not surprise me loh. wink.gif

Anyway, cancel and reapply elsewhere.

Are you disappointed that they did not give you a free waiver?

Just cancel the card before the expiry date, any outstanding fees just pay back.

Then just reapply loh.

To save you the hand effort to write-in to cancel...why not you just call them and claim you have lost your card and ask them to terminate the card immediately.

Ever asked b4 the bank...if wanna to reapply the card again muz wait at least more den 6mths to apply.

Yah...not just HSBC. I had past bad experience with Citibank and Amex. Citibank was my first card since I started work...even used to it pay for my wedding dinner after getting extra credit line, but they refused to waive the annual fee. So cancelled. Amex even worst, after i cancelled, keep sending me late payment bill for the annual fee, until i gave them my best expletives.

↡ Advertisement