What will you do to your beloved car in Singapore situation now?

Xiao_bai77

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guy,

Just a question to ask,

What option will you choose if happen that you find a new job in shenton way Which involve heavily in parking and Every road pay system ($160 season parking and $10 ERP per day).And you are the only one who drive the car.

1) Sell it back to Authorised dealer

2) Sell it to 2nd hand car dealer

3) Sell it privately (But involve with lot of paper work and time incur)

4) Keep the car (Car value cost at 80K)and only use it on weekend, weekdays take public transport to work place.only use 2 days per week.

5) Rent it out? (Too risky, someone might use your car to do hanky panky staff)

From the 5 options above , which will be the most beneficial and you guys will choose?

↡ Advertisement

You sell the car, you immediately lose the use of the car and incur a hugh loss.

Just keep the car for those night activities with your pretty colleagues! Trust me, shenton way female colleagues DIG guys with cars!!

Normally you can ride a motorcycle to save costs.

Never sell your cars IF you work in shenton way!!

Take it from me!

Neutral Newbie

option

see whether colleagues wants to car pool

ask for a slightly higher salary to cover costs

work part-time to cover costs

pay and pay and jiak loti everyday

look for another job in some ulu sg, no erp, no cbd & free parking one

otherwise

sell thru agent u will loose a lot, sell on your own not so easy and troublesome

renting out may not be an option especially recently gahmen already say cannot privately rent out.

If the new job's salary can tahan the parking & ERP then jus carry on [nod][nod][nod]

Else if car hasn't break even, jus park it at home & use it during weekends loh [:/]

If breakeven liao then 'Tia Tia' sell it off after you are confirmed on your new job [:)]

But make sure that you can tahan the great pain of losing that amount on your ride [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

Neutral Newbie

It depends on what is the difference in your new job's pay versus what u are currently earning. If the increase in your pay is sufficient or even more than enough for these addtional costs, then why not?

$160 is Hong Lim HDB? U better go book the season parking at HDB. Else u can consider Riverside Point at $150 (min 3months) or Central Mall which is $120 I think. Closer to Raffles Place carpark charges are in the mid to high $200 range.

$10 ERP? Thats inclusive of return home? Cos the most expensive is CTE from 0830am onwards where the ERP is $2.50 and $4 and thereafter CBD at another $2. I usually go earlier and hit the CTE gantries around 7plus. Usually I only managed to reach the gantries after 0735am so Im paying $2.50 + $1.50. CBD is free before 8am. Park the car and go for a leisure breakfast before heading to office.

To me, quality of life should improve since you changing job and one shouldnt need to give up his 'luxuries' becos of a job change. See the number of Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Beemers, VWs, couple of GTRs and R8.... you be wondering why u need to take MRT.....

Edited by Paikia_rav

Neutral Newbie

Dats provided there are people willing or you dun have to go out of the way to pick them up. And call me selfish.... but unless its a chiobu [gorgeous][inlove] , I usually dun like picking up people.... hehehehe!

Hi Guy,

Just a question to ask,

What option will you choose if happen that you find a new job in shenton way Which involve heavily in parking and Every road pay system ($160 season parking and $10 ERP per day).And you are the only one who drive the car.

4) Keep the car (Car value cost at 80K)and only use it on weekend, weekdays take public transport to work place.only use 2 days per week.

From the 5 options above , which will be the most beneficial and you guys will choose?

This was exactly what happened to me. The option I chose was to continue driving it and pay all the associated costs which you have mentioned. No offence intended, but if you cannot afford those costs, you should consider selling the car away (options 1-3). [rolleyes]

Hi Guy,

Just a question to ask,

Currently, in this situation. I chose option 4.

Cuz i still use the car at nite [sly]

Actually there is option 6. Convert to OPC.

Neutral Newbie

Thinking further.... it also depends on where you stay and how long will it take for you to reach office/home everyday? Remember, time is also money.

I calculated and with addtional monthly ERP charges, season carpark & petrol, and deducting from time spent on train and MRT/feeder bus charges which comes up to around $100+, I would only save around $400 - 500 a month... not really enticing enough to let me let go of my car.

Neutral Newbie

[reply]Hi Guy,

Just a question to ask,

What option will you choose if happen that you find a new job in shenton way Which involve heavily in parking and Every road pay system ($160 season parking and $10 ERP per day).And you are the only one who drive the car.The car is only 9 months..

And the new job is much lesses income then the current one but got good potential in the long term.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the value feedback. Off course each of you guys had a point there.Please see in Red wording which describe more to the scnerio.

Girls in sheton way will do DIG in car...but now want to save $$$ but if drive car to sheton with all cost involve(petrol,parking,ERP) now have to spend extra cost to buy beer for the girls to get high high and also protective coat (CONXXX) like this waste more $$$ instead of saving leh.

Drive car only in weekend end. 8 days per month but paying 1K +++ for installment, road tax,Season parking at home,car servicing, polishing.like this also LUGi...

Tough choice to make...Haiz....

Hi Guy,

Just a question to ask,

I got a suggestion for you.

Convert it to OPC since you are determined to use it only on weekends.

In this way, you save on roadtax too. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

If convert back to OPC...Will i get back the 17 K rebate?

Or how much I can get back...only 9 mths ride..

Please advice....

The most important question is after selling your car, do you still have to top up cash to cover your outstanding car loan?

If still got to top-up cash, then do you have ready cash in hand to do so?

If you don't have the cash, then dun need to think so hard already lah.... Just guai guai pay your monthly car installment and keep the car.

You can do what I do lor......

1) Reach work before 8am so no ERP (or at worst $0.50 only)

2) Leave work after 8pm so no ERP (at least not in my direction)

[sunny][sunny]

You don't get the rebate upfront since you had registered it as normal car originally.

But at least you had cut down on the expenses on the car significantly and still get to keep it within your means.

By the time you decided to deregister your ride to upgrade, you can get back more to offset your next purchase. [:)]

I believed this might be more economical viable compared to the choices you had earlier listed down. [:)]

Hi Guy,

Just a question to ask,

?

just $170 more per month. i will continue driving, as long it's less than $500 more.

just think of the WAITING and journey time, public transport need to pay too.

what about those raining days? wake up late? very tired, wish to go home early? you will spend more on cab fees.

↡ Advertisement