New 2007 Nissan Qashqai / Dualis

Wintersonata

The "Beast" is out - Crossover SUV

The QASHQAI (pronounced Cash Kai), is named after a desert-dwelling tribe who live near the Zagros mountains, in South Western Iran. However obscure the origin of the name, Nissan

Edited by Wintersonata
↡ Advertisement

(edited)

It's going to be officially launched on 14th Aug 2008, although it's already available via PI. Didn't manage to see any on the roads yet.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=1308

Based on the Premium pricing, it's very close to CRV and RAV4 and its way more expensive than Grand Vitara, Forester, etc.

Anyone care to comment on it?

Got a comment from Paikia_rav @ http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum.cgi...ashqai;#2455109

Saw the Dualis. Exterior is so-so. The PI's version comes with panoramic glass roof.... very impressive! Until i saw the dashboard. Damn it looks so ugly and the console looks so out-of-date. Left the PI without asking the price.
Edited by Wintersonata

(edited)

Around the same pricing range,

Hyundai Tuscon 2.0 GLS A:$62,399

Hyundai SANTA FE 2.7 V6 4WD GLS A:$77,999 (SUNROOF EDITION:$79,999)

Honda Crossroad 1.8 Smart Edition-$80,800

Honda CRV 2.0 SUV 4WD i-VTEC $87,000

Honda CRV 2.4 4WD w/ sunroof (A)-$96,700

Toyota RAV4 2.4X 2WD-$77,888

Toyota RAV4 DELUXE 2.4A: $98,188

MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER 2.4 MIVEC 7 SEATER M:$96,988

MITSUBISHI OUTLANDER 2.4 MIVEC 7 SEATER G:106,988

Daihatsu Terios Big wheels 4WD M $64,800

KIA Sportage 2.0EX A (Sports) $60,999

Nissan Murano 2.5 2WD 4A/T $100,500

Edited by Wintersonata

Test drove the Nissan Qashqai this morning: Engine noise was almost non-existent and pickup was [thumbsup] Managed to take it on a short portion of PIE and the cruising was excellent. Rear seats space is a little small for the size of the car but still okay. Even using the manual option, the engine noise was minimal even when the RPM hit 3.5k. Quite tempted to get this car [inlove]

Honda CRV: Test drove the 2.0 version, not really used to the change of gear of the AT, space is good and bigger than the Qashqai. Road noise more noticeable than the Qashqai though

Subaru Forester: Good value for the price. Engine noise more significant than Honda CRV. Pick-up quite good when using the Sports mode.

Just my personal comments: hopefully it doesn't offend anybody

Hey man, no worries, it's for comparison sake only... Wow, you managed to test-drove it... Can't find it in Nissan showroom yet...

Do you have the actual pricing for the Nissan Qashqai? Although it's listed as $83,500 for Premium, but it's not nett... There is still a $4,000 for COE minimum and i think there is also another $2k discount from Tan Chong Motors...

Given the close pricing between CRV 2.0 (no sunroof) and Qashqai Premium (with sunroof), which one would you choose? Since you have actually test drove both of them...

It's not in the showrooms but it's already at Bukit Timah Tan Chong... It's only available for test-drive for those invited for the pre-launch booking pple.

The pre-launch price was:

Nissan Qashqai basic: $78,500 with the Insurance, Finance, return customer and prelaunch discount included

Premium: $83,000 with the Insurance, Finance, return customer and prelaunch discount included

Personally, I'll go with the Qashqai as I'm not used to the AT engine and AWD for the CRV... Fuel consumption should be poorer than the Qashqai. However, if space is a concern then CRV will be a better choice. Test-driving the car will give you a better idea.

Personally I would prefer Nissan as the interior of the car are very well-done and better than other makes.

Just take their Sylphy or Latio for example. [thumbsup]

Tiguan is more fun to drive and you can actually take it slightly off road.

Qashqai is more of a city car (2WD version sold here) and it's certainly got a more refined edge to it.

(edited)

I guess totally different market segment... I would say Qashqai is not really SUV... but more hatchback with SUV height profile and better fuel efficiency (due to FWD only for city driving)... Haven't seen VW Tiguan yet... When would it be due for release? 4WD?

Edited by Wintersonata

My colleague is driving a Dualis. Just delivered in about a month. He said he got about 10-11km/L ... but i think it will improve once engine is run in.

This 2.0 engine runs on RON91 minimum... so, can pump RON92 and save $$$.

Also, if you have the specs of this car (exterior dimension), compare it against VW Golf and Ford Focus hatchback... you'll realize it is very very similar to these 2 except it's taller. So, interior space wise, do not expect it to be in CRV class.

However, driving dynamics will be also more similar to Golf/Focus/Hyundai i30/Peu 308/C4 class than CRV/RAV4 type.

Another good selling point of this car is, its Euro NCAP crash test rating is very very good. In fact if you go into details of the score (beyond the 5 star rating), you'll find that it scored very high in adult occupant (front & side) and child occupant test. Better than even Citroen C4, C5 and C6 (which were class leading in individual NCAP points), and even better than BMW 3 series, Audi's new A4 and Merc C class. In short, Qashqai is a very very safe car .... even compared against contis.

i personally think this car has no rival at the moment and is in a class of its own.

Edited by Miles

Hey man, no worries, it's for comparison sake only... Wow, you managed to test-drove it... Can't find it in Nissan showroom yet...

Do you have the actual pricing for the Nissan Qashqai? Although it's listed as $83,500 for Premium, but it's not nett... There is still a $4,000 for COE minimum and i think there is also another $2k discount from Tan Chong Motors...

Given the close pricing between CRV 2.0 (no sunroof) and Qashqai Premium (with sunroof), which one would you choose? Since you have actually test drove both of them...

Available for test-drive but only by appt. Doesnt anybody remember me when it comes to Nissan cars? [laugh]

Personally I would prefer Nissan as the interior of the car are very well-done and better than other makes.

Just take their Sylphy or Latio for example. [thumbsup]

Made-in-Japan mah! [;)]

↡ Advertisement