Porsche Maintenance and mods

Throttle2

just wondering beside Stuttgart, are there any other independant Porsche workshops that can do good servicing and mods?

tried doing a search but found none.

↡ Advertisement

Contemplating a 996 but just cannot make enough sense to do it

I need more space as got to fetch wife and kid.

i clock about 1000km a month max 1500km

just drive to suntec foodcourt and back

i dont go to the track with the car

i dont even drive up north

why should i pay that kind of tax to Govt?

Why should I pay that kind of premium to insurance co.?

Petrol is ok, cant complain since i use i pay.

I know Porsche is never about practicality but practicality is a part of me and just cannot convince myself still.

Maybe I'll get one when my kid is a little older or maybe i'll never get one, [:/]

But in the meantime, to feed my desire, i try to find out more first.

Perhaps you can share some experiences?

Neutral Newbie

I know Porsche is never about practicality but practicality is a part of me and just cannot convince myself still.

There, you've had the answer all along. Don't even need to find out more until you're ready to change the way you think.

If you enjoy carving corners and the raw sound of a flat six engine you will like the porker. In my opinion, driving at 200kmh plus speeds is way over rated. The porker can be driven in a spirited fashion in town. The key is to secure pole position at the lights and enjoy craving corners responsibly. My commute to work involves a 5 km journey in the city hall area. Yet it never fails to bring a smile to my face every time i start it up or rev the engine. This car will make me wanna wake up at 7am on sat/sun to clear carbon. If you do get a 996 make sure you get one with a sports exhaust. It really makes a huge difference in terms of aural pleasure.

Thanks for sharing experiences, fellas.

as pointed out, i'm my own "enemy" here.

am not interest to go 200km'hr anymore.

Do a lot quicker all the time with my bikes on the track. Now older, balls smaller.

but i really need the space now and the cayenne is not what i like. For Porsche, i only truly fancy the lines and character of the 911.

at least now i'm more assured that there is a good maintenance avenue other than agent.

appreciate the quick replies here.

for now, i'll just standby and admire.

Turbocharged

You can try a used 993 if you don't wanna spend that much on a 996.

993s are really good. Thats the first 911 I've driven although its LHD. Its a stick shift but the steering feel is really amazing. Much better than any BMWs I've driven (sad to say).

I saw on another thread that you're contemplating a cabrio. How about a used F355 spider? It looks really good! I really love this as well but $$$ not enough.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-nzPIWk-1000.html