Triple National Day celebration

Ccssgm

Triple National Day celebration for mom and newborn twins

47343656fb3.jpgMdm Hayati, who was born on Aug 9, 27 years ago, gave birth to a pair of twins early on Saturday morning.

IT WAS a triple celebration for first-time parents Madam Nor Hayati and Mr Ismail bin Hatmin on Saturday.

Not only were they feting the nation's birthday, Mdm Hayati, who was born on Aug 9, 27 years ago, gave birth to a pair of twins early on Saturday morning.

The twins were expected to be out next week, but Mdm Hayati felt her waterbag burst just past midnight on Friday and the twins were delivered by caesarean section at 4.40am.

'I guess they really wanted to make it out by National Day,' said the customer service officer.

'They are the best birthday gift I have ever received.'

Baby daughter Nur Daniah and son Mohd Danish each weigh 2.3kg. They will stay at Kadang Kerbau Hospital with mum until Monday.

More than 20 friends and family, mostly dressed in red, visited the couple on Saturday to send both birthday greetings and well-wishes.

Mr Ismail's mother was so thrilled with the National Day coincidence, she bought red and white felt blankets for the newborns.

But Mr Ismail, 27, an engineering assistant, had to cancel the routine birthday treat - a quiet dinner and watching the fireworks from Marina Bay - that he had planned for his wife.

Instead, the new family of four and some relatives will be watching the live telecast of the National Day Parade together in the hospital.

'With three National Day babies in my family now, there's extra pressure for me to get us all tickets to the parade in the future,' joked Mr Ismail.

三喜临门 [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement