Dishonest Dealer 2

Ichibawa

Browse and found a black Latio (OPC) over the net which is selling at some reasonable price. Went down last Wednesday with some colleagues who offer to help look at the car and he manage to find repaint marks. On this day, one the sales person told me that the price of the car was $26500 with an interest rates of 2.68%. Then I told him that I would come over the weekend for a test drive.

Come Saturday, I went over to Nissan showroom which is next to the car mart before meeting the sales person. Verified the area on a new car which my colleague said about the repaint spot and chat with the sales executives to find out current price and promotions.

While at the car mart, I was attended by the sales person whom I initially contacted and was told that the price given by his colleague the other day was wrong as it was too low. I highlighted to him that he made an advertisement in Sat's newspapers which printed $330 per month which he denied until I show him the ad with his phone number and he gracefully denied blaming the clerk for making the wrong print. Then he claims that the interest rates is also wrong and says UOB doesn't give out loans for OPC cars and he had to make the switch to other banks which interest rates is 2.98. The advertisement over the net highlighted the low interest rates of 2.68. I showed him the repaint spot which is a strip on the lid of the boot and he quickly claims that black car owners are known to repaint their cars due to watermarks.

I left the place with some disappointment and anger and plan to buy from someone else instead.

↡ Advertisement

so power arh!? straight infront of your face he lie until like tat! dont buy from him lahz..

wanna share who this joker is??

Lots of these kind of people on the used car market. Must really be careful when dealing with them. Write down everything in black and white.

My experience was not that bad. Things went smoothly when I bought a used Sunny, those defects that I pointed out to him, he did rectified for me. Only thing is he told me the car no need to do any servicing as it has been serviced recently. But after I collected the car, I went to change the oil and it was black like hell. Did a major servicing for it as well to have a piece of mind. Guess that's minor compared to what Robo went thru'.

These dealers will do anything to make you physically go to their shop even if it means to lie. I encountered the same tactics for Holiday Tour agencies too. Advertise $480+ actually $900+ with taxes here and there etc.

An honest dealer is really hard to come by. That is why we must value people with integrity and honesty so that these people can "tan chiak". Don't add to the coffers of people who "pian chiak".

As far as law goes, I think the dishonest dealer in still in the right legally. The advertisement is an invitation to enter into a contract, there is no offer, and no acceptance.

However, as far as customer relationship goes, they are a failure. Further, if it's really the case due to some admin boo boo, the advertised the wrong price, then it's a really screw up dealer, and they are likely to give you more screw ups later.

their main purpose is to attract u there with the ads... even if u confirm with them everything thru the phone, the will still pull stunts and deny everything once u are there..