So why we even bother? A car is just a mode of transport... ...

Drive_carcar

Many people probably sneer at me, because I wash my car once a week. Then again, it's a new car, and my first car. So I had been asking myself this question, why I even bother, because after a while it might become another mode of transport, and after a few dent, I'll probably be immuned to it.

That's what many of my colleagues told me would happen to me.

But looking back, I think about why I did I buy a car?

My honest conclusion is: It's really a vanity thing. It's a kind of show off to others, and it's a projection of my image. The other so called reasons like being able to drive my wife & kids around, easier for my work etc etc, are just nice excuses.

So keeping that in mind, I'll probably be working hard at keeping my ride in good shiny condition for a pretty long time. Just want to get it off my chest.... [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

No problem lah........... I also wash once a week.

U mean those other pple u mentioned wash theirs like twice or thrice a week? I guess it's pretty alrite if it's really dirty, else I would just think they are slaves to their own cars.

Nevertheless, it's all up to individual preference.

all up to individual bro.

to some, even a simple car can be their prized asset. taking extreme care of it is only right. [thumbsup]

Edited by Relagsingh

Neutral Newbie

I also wash my car once a week. Once in a while twice a week if kenna drizzle which makes the car very dirty. If no rain sometimes wash once in 2 weeks. Why bother what others think... its your car and you are the one paying for it. [inlove]

I wash my car every week for my first 2 cars...

now, i wash it when i remember i havent been washing it for a while... otherwise, i try to do it once a fortnight. more to keep my shirt from being dirty when i go to work everyday, then to keep it clean and feel good. [:)]

i have a friend who washes his car everyday for the last 8 years (he just changed his car recently)... the condition is so pristine that his 8 year old car is in really showroom condition (even engine bay compartment is cleaned once a week), it really put my 2+ year old car to shame. but i wonder if its all worth it....

Is your friend doing it to relieve stress as well?

I know my car, washing, maintaining and reading and enhancing it, helps me another aspect of life. Takes me away from my work for a break at times and really worth a bit. [nod]

washing the car is sort of therapeutic for some ppl....

anyway for guys it's a way of sharing a bit of the household chores; the poor wife has to keep the whole house clean, we should keep the car clean (inside /out)....

Sometimes I wash car fortnightly...but most time once a week.

I take it as an exercise...although I should do more.smile.gif

I would not pay to have it washed, unless it is full of sh1t.laugh.gif

The dings, the dents will surely come, it's just a matter of time in this great country.

The bottomline as you point out, is just a people mover.

You hop in, get to your destination, hop out.

You don't live in the car.

As long as it can move, why bother too much about it being shiny and new?laugh.gif

huh??? i tot washing car once a week consider lazy bump? [laugh][laugh][laugh] thats what most of my friend said... my car is silver, yet, it looks dirty at the end of the week cos basically wash my car only on Sunday... i know a lot of plp wash car everyday...

↡ Advertisement