Any fishing kaki here???

Dynaway

Supercharged

Those who gofishing in open waters, do u all do trawling or bottom fishing?

I watched Robson 's show n c his catch require fighting. N was told that it is trawling, boat stopped when fish took the bait.

↡ Advertisement

Those who gofishing in open waters, do u all do trawling or bottom fishing?

I watched Robson 's show n c his catch require fighting. N was told that it is trawling, boat stopped when fish took the bait.

think nobody does trolling any more locally due to the oil price ...

Now madai or slowfall for grouper is very propular at the southern part of singapore

• Praise 1

think nobody does trolling any more locally due to the oil price ...

Now madai or slowfall for grouper is very propular at the southern part of singapore

Many Sea Bass around shallow waters of Pulau Ubin fenced up shore line and big Groupers at St.John Island with touch bottom crank up 2 feet sea bashing method.

I do my squid skirt and rapala lures trolling only at Pulau Mantawai Indian Ocean off Sumatra Padang, dreaming and targeting marlins, mackerels and yellow fins tuna's.

Edited by 2BDriver
  • Praise 7

Been a faithful fan of RG throughout the years and his latest Extreme Fisherman series quite interesting. Didn't manage to catch last night's Episode 3 though.

This vulgar ang mo host is so funny sometimes [laugh] especially when he loses a catch and you would hear *beep* *beep* *beep* from his cursing and swearing throughout.

Plus he ate most of his catches...like me hehe

Anywaz did trolling sometime back in Phuket as well. Also caught some small tunas like Qpik did but we gave all to the happy like f boatman. Din bring ice box and the prospect of hauling them all the way back here not really feasible. And we haven't really acquired the taste for sashimi then yet... [shakehead]

Edited by Vulcann
  • Praise 2

Many Sea Bass around shallow waters of Pulau Ubin fenced up shore line and big Groupers at St.John Island with touch bottom crank up 2 feet sea bashing method.

I do my squid skirt and rapala lures trolling only at Pulau Mantawai Indian Ocean off Sumatra Padang, dreaming and targeting marlins, mackerels and yellow fins tuna's.

wah....rapala lures.....1 lure can go between 10-20 bucks.......and your rod must be Ugly Stick! Everytime use rapala lures hopes it doesnt snag on the coral or the fish doesnt escape with it.....hahaha! I used to surf cast around senoko and sembawang area....a lot of grouper and seabass but many many catfish! Edited by Eviilusion
  • Praise 1

wah....rapala lures.....1 lure can go between 10-20 bucks.......and your rod must be Ugly Stick! Everytime use rapala lures hopes it doesnt snag on the coral or the fish doesnt escape with it.....hahaha! I used to surf cast around senoko and sembawang area....a lot of grouper and seabass but many many catfish!

Didn't know you are another "fishing angler" [thumbsup]

Due to the Sg/My border Causeway blocking the sea straits current from east to west, the sea waters there is not as good as Changi point and Tuas shores with delicious fishes [:)]

• Praise 8

Didn't know you are another "fishing angler" [thumbsup]

Due to the Sg/My border Causeway blocking the sea straits current from east to west, the sea waters there is not as good as Changi point and Tuas shores with delicious fishes [:)]

was working in senoko and my friend introduced surf casting. Got kim...ang goo li....grouper but always catfish. I gave my bro all my tackles liao including my late father's Shimano spool set. I caught a lot of a kim with that spool and rapala lures....the biggest was an ahkim 7.5kg, the bestest fight i had ever had! The most fish i have ever caught was at Seletar wet gap (prohibited area).....that wan small fish the size of kuning but so many!

So little kaki here? I have driven to Desaru, Rompin and Pekan for fishing. Mostly on the Eastern coast. The exception was in Penang with nothing much.

I think driving for fishing is a really great idea, without having to mess with rod tubes when checking in airlines and the mis-handling of the rod tubes. One of my kaki saw his rod tube being thrown out of the aircraft in Bintulu, on of the rod guides broke.

Twincharged

So little kaki here? I have driven to Desaru, Rompin and Pekan for fishing. Mostly on the Eastern coast. The exception was in Penang with nothing much.

I think driving for fishing is a really great idea, without having to mess with rod tubes when checking in airlines and the mis-handling of the rod tubes. One of my kaki saw his rod tube being thrown out of the aircraft in Bintulu, on of the rod guides broke.

you should try fishing in the south china sea

catch until no time to pang sai

• Praise 1

you should try fishing in the south china sea

catch until no time to pang sai

SCS is no fun to me anymore. I have ventured overseas... Kuching, Miri, Bintulu, KK, Lombok, Maldives etc. Now I avoid some of these "popular" venues. I am beginning to develop a taste for fishing at exotic locations with anything from PE4 to PE10 setups. Quite a few new venues in mind for the upcoming 2 years.

Turbocharged

Happen to see this thread and is surprised. I used to fish so much driving a boat out from SAFYC in Sembawang. With my current job, I had not really fished for 10 over years. 

Went on a holiday in Maldives 2016 and got to fish GTs which revive my urge

Last year's CNY I went out with my brother and we got some good catch by renting a boat from Changi Village. 

Nice to see such a group and would like to keep posted in case I am back in SG and can join you all on one of those day trips

Neutral Newbie

Started offshore since last year. So far been to Muar, Desaru and Sibu. Looking forward to my 1st SCS trip in Dec

• Praise 1