Any fishing kaki here???

Dynaway

Any fish will do.

I used to fish at Bedok jetty and Labrador park jetty.

But am lazy to travel far. I stay near Peirce Reservoir so it's not a problem for me to go that. Have tried using lure before but I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly as I caught nothing. Plus some of the anglers there also like not friendly one. So didn't really asked them for tips!

What I did was cast and then slowly reel back. Is that correct?

eh... depends on the lures. some lures need higher speed. some slow. you need to cast on the side and try to see how it swim

also depends on the sizes. too big might scare fishes away, except those aggressive ones.

you check out those young boys at lower pierce. when they catch something, look at their lures.

the rest of the old birds anglers usually just use bait to catch...

Wats PJ?

The pond i go to is at marina country club..paid pond..its small so easier move around to find fish as compared to a huge pond like those in pasir ris..

U can use live baits, can buy from the operator or bring your own or use lure..they are ok with it but only single hook not multiple hook..except cannot use kembong fish bait..i heard they say will pollute the pond but i tink is coz the bait will make it even easier to catch coz farm bred fishes used to eat these kinda food.

Ball..i buy from amazon is coz i tink is cheap, Daiwa small reel + 4-5 foot rod less than $50..heard here rod alone is $60. Can't wait for it to come & try..

eh... depends on the lures. some lures need higher speed. some slow. you need to cast on the side and try to see how it swim

also depends on the sizes. too big might scare fishes away, except those aggressive ones.

you check out those young boys at lower pierce. when they catch something, look at their lures.

the rest of the old birds anglers usually just use bait to catch...

Thanks!

Does the shape and colour of the lure matter? What's the average size which I should be getting?

I have one of this bomber lure. Mine is neon yellow in colour.

CC-GrapplerShads_ss.jpg

Thanks!

Does the shape and colour of the lure matter? What's the average size which I should be getting?

Eh ! let's go MY.rivers casting leh, my hands is very itchy already [:(]

Eh ! let's go MY.rivers casting leh, my hands is very itchy already [:(]

Malaysia?? [laugh]

I'm still trying to find time to go Pierce reservoir. It's quite hard to find time when you have a kid.

I go paid pond coz i cannot afford to spend 1 whole nite fishing by the sea..

I just love the fight with the fish..getting a big prized fish is a bonus..

i went with my uncles for deep sea fishing off Malaysian East coast 20+ years ago.

Caught hell a lot of fishes. Bara, Groupa, sharks, sting rays, and all kinds of fish.

There were fixed buoys in the middle of nowhere to catch bait(small size fish).

At nite catch turn on the lamps to catch squids. ^_^

But i was vomiting and laying down 80% of the 3D 2N out at sea. Bcos the wave was like moving the wooden boat up & down like a lift going 1st to 3rd story vice-visa all the time....... [laugh]

Anyway does the Malaysian waters still have rich fishing grounds ?

I dont mind fishing for 20% of the time again.......hahahaha

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Not fished since baby came.

Used to fish at farmway 3 fresh water catch and release, but the pond is not as productive now cos fish will become very cautious.

Very limited choice of one is into fresh water pond fishing

if you guys do not mind paid pond fishing, can try pasir ris there

I think $50/3hrs? rod provided. have to get own bait from a shop near there (milk fish or prawn)

if catch 3 fish you breakeven already

sea water fish. golden pomfret, garoupa, sea bass, etc

the regulars there are usually friendly and willing to coach (look for those with smiley face lah..not those kiam pa look)

if go pasir ris pond i would recommend u go to ah tiong pond....

5 hours for $60. much more decent catch rate.

Friday going permas jaya pond to fish..... 5 hours at 47rm.

Ohhh..been there b4..$50 3 hours ah?

I juz see people fish there..never tried..thot the pond was quite big..gg around find fish quite tiring..haha

Ah Tiong pond? [confused]

Thanks!

i think yours should be ok. between 10 to 15 cm. cuz i dont see many pple catch big ones there

except one guy i saw caught was it 2 or 4 kg. he was using live bait..... he had a net to catch baby peacock bass to use them as baits

very cruel [bigcry]

i think yours should be ok. between 10 to 15 cm. cuz i dont see many pple catch big ones there

except one guy i saw caught was it 2 or 4 kg. he was using live bait..... he had a net to catch baby peacock bass to use them as baits

very cruel [bigcry]

okie thanks!

Will take out the rods from my storeroom. Need to check on the reel and most likely, change the lines to new ones.

Different color of lures and different sizes plays a important factor. there is no 1 lure for all occasions. There are poppers, minnows, doggies, stick baits, crank baits, spoon and alot of other lures to target fishes specifically.

↡ Advertisement