Recommended hotels in KL for safe overnight parking

Wt_know

Not true.

In Sg, once stolen, it is likely to become spare parts or goes into a container.

In MY, once stolen, it will be driven across border to PSA port & goes into a container ALSO.

damn, then shud we start a thread about safe parking in sg too?

anyways reason im scared is cos:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/WiseAutoClub/ar/t138.htm

http://www.raslok.com/content/7-150-cars-stolen-daily-in-malaysia

↡ Advertisement

damn, then shud we start a thread about safe parking in sg too?

anyways reason im scared is cos:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/WiseAutoClub/ar/t138.htm

http://www.raslok.com/content/7-150-cars-stolen-daily-in-malaysia

Look at the top 10 list.  Are you driving any of these cars?

Car stolen is small matter.

Kenna carjack is tua kee.

Carjack is more rampant than what's reported hor.

Look at the top 10 list.  Are you driving any of these cars?

Car stolen is small matter.

Kenna carjack is tua kee.

Carjack is more rampant than what's reported hor.

tink carjack is totally diff story, tho shud be taken seriously. im jus asking cos i wana pre-book a hotel so wana jus check wat hotels u guys tried. scared initial topic run away too far.

tink carjack is totally diff story, tho shud be taken seriously. im jus asking cos i wana pre-book a hotel so wana jus check wat hotels u guys tried. scared initial topic run away too far.

It depends on where you want to go?

My fav is PJ Hilton.  Can always take LRT into city.

You have to decide what you want to do there.

If having a centrally located, comfortable and relatively safer hotel that you and your family can reach areas of interest easily, GM is a very good choice for not that much more money. Easy walking distance to Bukit Bintang and even KLCC. I will think that the more centrally located hotels and being part of international chain will have their security up a notch compared to lower priced local hotel chains.

If you intend to travel further out to the regional areas anyway, than the very central location will not matter as much, since you need to cab around anyway. 

Grand Mill is the one smack in the middle of the shopping centres ah? price difference with swiss garden is double, going for 5 days. but price isnt bad for a 5 star hotel in the shopping area

You have to decide what you want to do there.

If having a centrally located, comfortable and relatively safer hotel that you and your family can reach areas of interest easily, GM is a very good choice for not that much more money. Easy walking distance to Bukit Bintang and even KLCC. I will think that the more centrally located hotels and being part of international chain will have their security up a notch compared to lower priced local hotel chains.

If you intend to travel further out to the regional areas anyway, than the very central location will not matter as much, since you need to cab around anyway. 

think im gona be spending more time in the bukit bintang shopping area, like pavilion and lot 10. Chinatown maybe jus 1 day, and klcc 1 day enuf.

Grand Mill sounds awesome actually, and with the constant jam in the area, wan to steal car also stuck in jam after that [laugh]

Chinatown half day enough...LOL

KLCC is like a huge MBS shoppes.......mainly sight seeing...don't expect to buy anything there unless you are looking for atas stuf.. which don't make sense.. :D

When I was there at GM, it was so convenient that I did multiple short trips out to return to rest or dump the shopping loots at the hotel per day.

think im gona be spending more time in the bukit bintang shopping area, like pavilion and lot 10. Chinatown maybe jus 1 day, and klcc 1 day enuf.

Grand Mill sounds awesome actually, and with the constant jam in the area, wan to steal car also stuck in jam after that [laugh]

When I was there at GM, it was so convenient that I did multiple short trips out to return to rest or dump the shopping loots at the hotel per day.

This is exactly what i had in mind.. :)

i saw the thread title and immediately this come to my mind.

scare? Dont go.....

u mean scared. Anyways i was actually anticipating that someone wud say something like that. [laugh]

• Praise 1

@superbored @vratenza

Thanks alot ah guys, super helpful info. tapao otak2 for u guys wen im back ah.

• Praise 1

i usually stay at Dorsett KL, opp Ritz in Bukit Bintang. leave car at car park for 4 days (FOC) and take public transport within KL.

how' bout KL Concorde?

though a bit old but easy assess to the night scenes, convenience in driving in/out warding off all the city jams and away from the central bustles etc.  btw, its still popular for pickups from the pubs and clubs there too . . . .

Chinatown half day enough...LOL

KLCC is like a huge MBS shoppes.......mainly sight seeing...don't expect to buy anything there unless you are looking for atas stuf.. which don't make sense.. :D

The atas stuff also more ex than sg. Not sure about now since exchange rate in favour of sg

So far i stayed in grand millenium, garden hotel, one world, and jw mariott. All hotels above mentioned are okay. However one world and the garden hotel has a sharing carpark with mall. Garden can park at premier, feel safe there. One world hotel carpark ok

i saw the thread title and immediately this come to my mind.

scare? Dont go.....

Just practise precautions hehe. Everywhere in the world is dangerous
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

I never tried it before, but I think you can just pay the valet at the lobby for a lot just infront of the hotel. Let the valet know you want to park yourself if you afraid of him handling your car.

• Praise 2

Its very diff in sg and in msia, we know sg well, its homeground, plus theres a much higher chance of catching the culprit as compared to msia, msia is huge and they can be anywhere.

honestly wudnt u be worried to leave ur car a few days in msia?

Not at all I drive a Korean car.

I also have parking brake lock

and a quick release steering wheel.

:D

• Praise 1

Not at all I drive a Korean car.

I also have parking brake lock

and a quick release steering wheel.

:D

you mean this?  :grin:

post-143314-0-46175200-1469018845.jpg

• Praise 1

I never tried it before, but I think you can just pay the valet at the lobby for a lot just infront of the hotel. Let the valet know you want to park yourself if you afraid of him handling your car.

some valet insist on keeping ur car key. thats the prob

↡ Advertisement