How to do insurance claim against another party yourself??? Kindly advice...

Ivancwu

Neutral Newbie

Hi ppl...

I got into a car accident last month. The best (or worst) part is that the other party is a malaysian registered vehicle (motor bike) [sweatdrop] .

Anyway, can anyone kindly advise on how to make an insurance claim against the other party yourself?

Need to claim against the other party myself as workshop don't usually claim for you against malaysian registered vehicle...

Thank you in advance [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

[idea] Become a motor insurance agent....

U got ask him what insurance is covering his motorbike? Or did he even buy motor insurance?

Edited by Watwheels

best to use a Malaysian lawyer

Malaysian insurers already delay claims via Singapore lawyer. So what do u think they will do if u submit yourself?

Neutral Newbie

No... Didn't ask the other party... I think the chance of claiming against him is zero man... Very heart pain...

Anyway, say the other party is not a malaysian vehicle, but a local registered one. Anyone knows how to proceed to make claim by yourself? Just curious now... Give up hope for my own case already...

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro. Few years back, I also kissed by a malaysian container truck(11m long truck/ driver rushing back to malaysia). I reported to the police because the driver refused to show me his IC. (He called his boss and told me to claim his company insurance in KL. Luckily, is a big shipping company) And i sent my car to AD for repair(about 10+k. I called my insurance, they told me to settle w malaysia side. And i have to do all by myself.(Every week, i called the msia insurance who was in-charge of my case. I followed 3 months with them. (After repair, u have to fax them the cost of repair and the photos)Luckily, i got my claim back and my NCD still remain the same. Ever since, i try to keep a distance from malaysian car.

u can employ ur own lawyer to do 3rd party claim against sg vehicles.

but if u buy comprehensive coverage, y bother? get ur insurer to do the work instead if u confirm win.

↡ Advertisement