Dust Mite scam

Zanter

Yesterday someone called me to say that I am selected to receive 1 free dust mite treatment on my matress. These scammers all the say, Selected BS.

Anyway I didnt agree to any appointment. Later I found out that they will go to ur home remove some dust mite from ur matress then show u under scope. Dust mite r every where & v commom. So after seeing these insects on ur matress U will be shocked, that is when they will sell u cleaning packages costing a couple of K. Dust mite themselves r harmless but their dropping may cause u alergies.

After being suckered a few K, U will feel like a fool cos u have beeen living with this mites all ur life but now someone conned u cleaning them up. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Still got such thing ah..i remembered when i was in pri school.

The door to door sales man came & demo to us too..sibeh expensive..also a few k, imagine it was in 1980s..

Supercharged

can't say that they are scams.

it is true that dust mites droppings can cause asthma, sinus and other allergies.

so its up to the individual on whether he wants to lessen the dust mites or not.

if no one in the family is allergic to dust mites, then no need to buy.

if someone in family is a asthma sufferer or always got sinus problems, then it better to preven dust mites.

think just use the steamer to steam the mattress or pillows to kill can liao mah..

tio bo???

unless dust mites can survives high heat [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

From what you describe, that's not a scam what. They didn't bluff you. They give you a free first cleaning and try to sell you the product. If you don't buy, that's ok also.

As you said, droppings may cause allergies..so it depends on people's priorities. If they want to protect their family members, maybe they will consider buying it.

Your argument that it's a scam is like saying, people ask you buy underwear is a scam cos you can live without underwear. [shakehead]

don't buy just move on [;)]

Next time tell them to do their business with SAF. Their mattress got lots of dust mites. Show it to the Defence Minister. Confirm got good business.

↡ Advertisement