Cheaper Luxury goods in Europe?

Andy_1703

Neutral Newbie

Hello Everyone

I have heard that in europe we can get luxury goods like LV, Gucci cheaper compared to in SG. Is it true and how much cheaper is it? Anyone has any idea?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Typically should be around 30% cheaper and part of the discount is arising from tax rebates. Just make sure the min. amount that u must spend in order to qualify for the rebate and what is the max. amount u can claim back.

Make sure u get the proper proof or purchase and check with the store on the exact procedures.

Supercharged

few yrs back when euro not that strong maybe. now, not so sure but if u r talkg abt getting the latest models before it hit spore, yes.

my fren carted back over S$10k of handbags 2yrs back = 3 pieces of LV but kinda of troublesome got to handcarry instead of checking in.

then i got fren workg in caas who used to go paris to indulge in her LV addiction, even now she has stopped cos she was tellg me not worth after computing the exchange though she got free SQ ticket.

its true, in paris especially but as some of the forumers mentioned becos of the euro the savings are not as good as before

SGD 1 Euro 1.65 when it was really worth it. And you need to know how to fill up the tax form (believe its a refund of 17%), u need to get it at the store and get your rebate when u depart the country...

Was in paris when co sent me for training. I lined up for 2 hrs back in 2003/4 when SGD/Euro was 1.65 back than we still used french francs, my bro asked me to get something and indeed it was 30% cheaper..

Chinese offered me some $$ asked me to buy goods for them but err i refused lar.....becos the max a person can buy is 3 items..so i only buy 1 so they say can buy x 2 more....I Worried in case their $$ fake how ? later i also get into trouble...

dun worry, in french u use fake $$ at most jail niah niah. not like china, they offer u to eat bullets.

so still beri safe one. also hor, their prison got proper bedding not sleep on floor like SG.

why go so far, just ot go Hong Kong's Louis Vuitton Boutique at Central.

prices are 20 - 30% cheaper becos HKD is tag to USD and USD is still very cheap agaisnt SGD.

LV is actually for rough use daily/travel bag, not too expensive and everyone has one.

Edited by Throttle2

now if you wear / use fake stuff in europe, especially France, they can prosecute you.

even at the entry customs, they will check. if get found out, item will be confiscated and offender face fine.

↡ Advertisement