Enhanced Baby Bonus and the effective date

Scktay

Root cause of the problem is still the high cost of living. If families could get by comfortably with single income, as in the past, I am sure many wives would prefer not to work and stay home look after children.

Nope. Many women nowadays prefer to work.

need to define comfortable leh

i peasant storeman low income by mcf standards but still can get by with single income leh

cannot everything blame high costs lah

ð¬

Thankfully, single income is a lifestyle choice for us. Just like whether having a helper or not. You gain some things but u lose somethings as well.

Financially, just have to accept some limitations compared to your peers.

Edited by Lala81
↡ Advertisement

need to define comfortable leh

i peasant storeman low income by mcf standards but still can get by with single income leh

cannot everything blame high costs lah

ð¬

Me too single income office boy (office admin assistant). Not setting too high expectation I am sure single income come get by fine.

Wifey a graduate and stay home "blue face po".

Nope. Many women nowadays prefer to work.

Thankfully, single income is a lifestyle choice for us. Just like whether having a helper or not. You gain some things but u lose somethings as well.

Financially, just have to accept some limitations compared to your peers.

My wife must be in the minority then, graduate but think otherwise? But what you say is indeed the trend, maybe as modern women gradually lose touch with the traditional home-skills, and men gradually pick up the slack.

I guess no matter what the corporate job is, there will always be nonsense that make it less meaningful as compared to raising children.

Once have children, it's always a reassurance to have two incomes, two engines burning, in case something happens in a sole breadwinner case. Aside from high cost of living, there are no safety nets here for income interruption.

But back to baby bonus topic, the tax breaks given for subsequent babies these days are indeed generous.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 1

That is how education changes the minds of women having children.

But are we going to change that?

It's not just the education but I think the erosion of household skills e.g. cooking, cleaning, taking care of children or much younger siblings, that makes women of the present generation actually feel doubts about having children.

Just do a simple survey of those gen-y and strawberries young women in your respective workplace and see how many actually have acquired such skills. The results are no surprise.

Ok, feminists, flame me [laugh]

But guess what, even with more men nowadays being enlightened and actually helping out with housework, there's still this skills deficit among modern women that make many shy away from having children.

You've pointed out the root of the issue. There could be a time parenting will be nationalized to prevent human extinction ? Give birth, then let gahmen care for the children -- which is what we are heading into now anyway, hand over to domestic helpers and childcare centres. 

That's sound like having a pet le.

Me too single income office boy (office admin assistant). Not setting too high expectation I am sure single income come get by fine.

Wifey a graduate and stay home "blue face po".ð

wah why your wife special colour?

my one is yellow leh

wah why your wife special colour?

my one is yellow leh

ðð

wah doc... your lifestyle even my wife and i double income also cannot achieve

ð¬ð

Blue equal to Wang?

Ok ok my mistake. Blue and yellow pardon poor grab of colour in Chinese.

Edited by Kopites

The more liberalised women become, the more they realise that having kids or more than 1-2 takes a huge toll on themselves.

World's best contraception.

So even the world's best benefits won't get them to do so.

LKY said something similar.

That's sound like having a pet le.

Some couples remain childless because consciously don't want the hassle of having kids yet the biological instinct also kicks in, so as a compromise they have pets, usually dogs (fur-kids) [laugh] An option gaining popularity these days

Edited by Sosaria

Some couples remain childless because consciously don't want the hassle of having kids yet the biological instinct also kicks in, so as a compromise they have pets, usually dogs (fur-kids) [laugh] An option gaining popularity these days

@chryst 

• Praise 1