Enhanced Baby Bonus and the effective date

Scktay

no matter what date, some people will not be happy.

If put 1 sep. those due this month will be unhappy.

even put today's date, those given birth yesterday also kpkb.

as a parent, of coz will sian 1/2 because missed out on another 4 weeks of leave.

but most importantly, baby come out alright, very happy liao.

to some 4 more weeks is good, to others, even with 3 months leave, they already back to work in 2 months.

1 more month take over a year. If can take in full is another question.

That's the reality on the ground.

hmmm.... how to backdate or pro-rate? sigh... these mothers-to-be... i feel for them but seriously, there is no 1 size fits all solution. When will the backdating stop? Bring forward to 1 Sept? Then those who gave birth on 31 Aug will KPKB and then write another lengthy letter... never ending one [sweatdrop]

Agree. But I guess some were expecting that this new scheme will be backdated to 1st Aug like the gov did in 2004 and a bit disappointed...especially after months of hints that good thing will come for all the expectants and those planning to have babies.

Wa liao eee... my wife due dec 2008... miss by a bit.

But hor... no difference because it is 3rd child [laugh]

"Enhanced Benefits (wef 1 Jan 09)

First child: $4,000 cash gift, up to $6,000 co-savings in CDA (new - increase of $1000 in cash gift and introduction of CDA for 1st child)

Second child: $4,000 cash gift, up to $6,000 co-savings in CDA (new - increase of $1000 in cash gift; no change to CDA)

Third child: $6,000 cash gift, up to $12,000 co-savings in CDA (no change)

Fourth child: $6,000 cash gift, up to $12,000 co-savings in CDA (no change)

Fifth and higher order child: $18,000 co-savings in CDA (new - introduction of CDA. No cash gift)"

Edited by Ncss

Neutral Newbie

Brudder; mine is a 155 howitzer [sly]

Chickenfarm don't do her I do [nod] Since she openly offer herself to me and promise to come to kaki Bukit to meet me in my car [inlove]

Neutral Newbie

Oei [sweatdrop] Linlaupeh haben bonk bonk LeePee my clone is born liao? [hur][laugh]

Back jab or backdate? [sly]

Edited by Linlaupeh

wah... really? FH2000 or FH88? FH2000 has longer barrel length than FH88.

BTW, must be coincidence cos i'm from Arty too... hahahah... going for reservist in 1.5 weeks time

There was a press release on the Enhanced Baby Bonus packages and its effective date of 1 Jan 2009 this afternoon.

Following which was an uproar by expecting Mums who are dued to deliver in this year who will be missing out on the new benefits.

What are your views?

I feel nothing wrong about the date. But the gov need to do more about managing expectations in the weeks or months before the announcement and not give 'false' hope to some.

Neutral Newbie

I'm afraid as regards the length of my barrel you must wait for Linlauboo LeePee to confirm tmr [nod] She's serving reservist tmr to wash my gun barrel [laugh] If she report for duty [;)] Maybe she's a keyboard heeloh and just type type only.

Then tmr I alone pcc at Kaki Bukit Carpark [:|] No chance to fire my 10 bombs mortar into her trench [laugh][laugh][laugh]

hmmm.... how to backdate or pro-rate? sigh... these mothers-to-be... i feel for them but seriously, there is no 1 size fits all solution. When will the backdating stop? Bring forward to 1 Sept? Then those who gave birth on 31 Aug will KPKB and then write another lengthy letter... never ending one [sweatdrop]

Agree that there will never be a date that's going to please everyone. Personally, I think 2 'key' dates will have the least disagreement with the people.

1. Effective date = Announcement date. In this case, 17Aug for 2008. Why? Cos this new policy was announced on this day, so why cannot take immediate effect? Letting it take effect on any other date that is between this date and the expected date of delivery for an expecting mother just opens a can of worms of why-Expecting MotherA-gets-it-but-Expecting MotherB-doesn't.

2. Effective date >10 months from Announcement date. Why? Because those who are expecting already did not plan their having this child based on any assistance from the new policies. So to be fair to all, they all don't get it. And anyone who will benefit from the additional bonus are those who 'work hard' since the announcement.

Edited by Scoots

Neutral Newbie

Wah so fast ah u... xmas baby ah. Long time to see man... chat down.

Wanna consider 4th? then gotta increase from 3 dish 1 soup to 4 dish 1 soup.

↡ Advertisement