Diamond, Omina & IPhone

Legend

Neutral Newbie

Recently there's alot of touch screen phones out in the market.

Was wondering how's the rating for the above-mentioned models?

If were to choose one to buy, which is the best?

Any advice?

↡ Advertisement

U gotto ask yourself what functions u'r looking at.

IMO these are over-functioned phones. For me I dun utilized all of the functions on the phone and as a pda phone user, I know that the more functions a phone has the more juice it zaps.

The more important factor would be the real world battery life. The accessories availability like the car charger and extra batt. I look out for more of these things which are more practical.

If you are getting the Diamond and is planning to sign a plan, do get from Singnet because their package includes a free extra batt. Otherwise there's an official extended batt, but that will make the phone fatter.

IPhone for its coolness, display, itunes, GPS and Wifi. The battery can last a long time too.

Too ex for its own good though [:|]

The phone value for Samsung phones drop much faster than the rest. If this is not your concern, then issue.

Iphone - although feature rich, but mostly no use one.

So i choose Diamond.

iphone 3G.

the apps store is the killer apps all the other phone makers cannot catch up with.

feature wise, other phones can copy... but apps store in itunes, it's a brilliant move by steve jobs.

i am now using my ipod touch with 2.0 upgrade and accessing the apples apps store, already downloaded more than 20 apps into my IPT. All but 1 are free. i have been enjoying the IPT so much more since 2.0 upgrade. i can imagine i will enjoy even more with the iphone.

at the moment, no other phone comes close.

the next big thing coming is Android by google which HTC will adopt. only google can compete against apple in innovation apps front.

if you just want a phone to make calls , sms, and take picture/video... buy any nokia or SE.

Turbocharged

i'm now using viewty from LG.. touch screen also. cheap and good.

its camera and video is one of the best. double it as my car cam while i drive tongue.gif

best or no best, if it has many features u dun need but u need something to flash abt, get a vertu. everything else is still a evo wannabe.

Are you kidding, iPhone batt can last generally a day only max 2 days, 3G is worse...

I'm using the 2G version and just upgraded to ver 2.0.1 and I really love the new winterboard... Makes the GUI very customizable and can download very stunning theme. Aesthetic aside, what I love in iPhone is its SMS and browser app... iPhone GPS will not be as good as the windows because they use google map. Google map is not very detail as they don't show buildings units. Major gripe is that the batt is not replacable, difficult to transfer file in and out of the phone and no windows media support. Also, there is no java and flash support(for now).

Basically, I would say that iphone is more suitable for techies because to overcome the restriction and the limitation, you need to know how to jailbreak and routinely upgrade the firmware.

compare diamond with omnia i'd say diamond is better for it's more refined and well thought out design and higher resolution. Only major gripe is the screen is too small.

Overall iphone still win in term of the fluidness of multitouch and scrolling. Perhaps windows mobile 7 can catch on this aspect.

Ok this is from feedback.

Omnia nice to look at big screen. Interface is so so. Batt life reasonable. Not many games avail cos of unusual screen size. Voice quality & recep r good.

Diamond better screen, nicer interface, batt life short, Voice quality so so, sometimes recep may break up.

Iphone, famous interface, dunno drop calls issue resolved but initial lauch some complains & some 3g connection issue.

iphone 3G.

the apps store is the killer apps all the other phone makers cannot catch up with.

feature wise, other phones can copy... but apps store in itunes, it's a brilliant move by steve jobs.

I don't see apps store as a killer app at all. 'Installer' on jail-broken iPhones already had the functionality to install/add apps all this while. [sly]

Are you kidding, iPhone batt can last generally a day only max 2 days, 3G is worse...

To be fair, if you do not view movies and do not use wireless, the batt life is pretty decent lah.

Hmm no one mentioned the "heat" issue with iPhones ... the phone gets really warm when you're making calls. Quite discomforting, dunno if it's the radiation or what. [sweatdrop]

To be fair, if you do not view movies and do not use wireless, the batt life is pretty decent lah.

Hmm no one mentioned the "heat" issue with iPhones ... the phone gets really warm when you're making calls. Quite discomforting, dunno if it's the radiation or what.

If you do not view movies and do not use wireless, then whats the difference between those PDA phones and the 'normal' phones like nokia and SE? hur.gif

Recently there's alot of touch screen phones out in the market.

Was wondering how's the rating for the above-mentioned models?

If were to choose one to buy, which is the best?

Any advice?

I'm a Omnia user and here are my feedback

Pro:

1. Free Navfone GPS license for Singapore and Malaysia, very handy as I drive into Malaysia often.

2. Able to read MS Word, Excel and acrobat on the go, just like a mini PC.

Against:

1. No stylus holder, but Omnia uses optical finger mouse instead.

2. Miss the touch and feel of the conventional HP number pad, which is the same for other PDA phones.

Why I pick Omnia over HTC or Iphone. HTC makes good phones but read that their service center is lousy. Have not used IPhone 3G yet, but the earlier version was a flopped; can't broadcast SMS, bluetooth was limited to ear phone only etc... and the current version is locked to Singtel only, don't like the idea for Singtel to monopolised the market and no price competition, hence I choose Omnia.

Edited by Billcoke