Advice needed for Minor accident

Ekul

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I was involved in a minor accident just now which I would like to ask for your advice

my car was bumped by a WRX from rear right at the Woodlands checkpoint on the way to JB, which its left front bumper scratched the rear right bumper of my car. It is not very serious but left 2 scratches on my car rear bumper. I was quite upset initially and had an arguement with the driver. However we agreed not to make any police report and not to pursue further later on after some talk and just exchanged phone number and name and left.

But now I am thinking whether should I make a police/insurance report to protect myself as I am not sure what would happen if the driver changed his mind and log a report to police or his insurance company.

Appreciate if you can provide some advice.. Thanks a lot...

↡ Advertisement

sekali he is member here how?

the rite thing to do is both of you report to ur respective insurer but ask ur insurer if u jointly sign off an agreement not to pursue and at no admission of liabilities, is this acceptable practise?

as long as ur insurers r happy then that's it.

Neutral Newbie

hi,

the problem is we never sign off any thing to agree not to pursue further. just a verbal agreement.

I dont think i want to log any report as the damage is very minor and not worthy/necessary for the hassle. but i am more interested to find out what will happen to me if that driver changed his mind and log a report against me...would it put me into a disadvantage position?

if he is a member i would be sure that he understands where i am coming from and not to take it personally....

Thank you...

Neutral Newbie

thanks for the advice.

Probably i will do it tomorrow. hopefully he will not take it as I am afraid of logging report. Actually i am quite sure that I was not at fault. Just that it is nothing really serious and no point for me to brood over it.

:)

↡ Advertisement