Previous owner of my SSGTI installed and removed Turbo

Nicholas

With a turbo timer, and some holes at the driver side for those meters and stuff. I wonder how it will affect the car after he removed it?

Anyone thinks the ECU is programmed for that, which affects my FC?

↡ Advertisement

turbo timer and gauges only or turbo?

if its just simple things like gauges and turbo timer,it wouldnt affect anything.those stuff are nothing much anyway.just for display of infos.

you don't need a turbo to install gauges. you don't need a turbocharger to have a turbo timer too.

some people believe that having a turbo timer helps the engine cool down before shutting off, some people install for vanity. it's not a very expensive part, so it's easily accessible.

if they had a reprogrammed piggyback ECU, they probably too it out already and sold off with the turbo. Tuners hardly reprogram stock ECU, they will either do a piggyback or swap with a standalone.

the question you should be asking is if the turbo has caused internal engine damage! [sweatdrop]

nowadays even goods vehicles and teksi come with turbo (original one)

but they don come with gauages or turbo timer

those can fix outside

hence:

got turbo not equals got gauages + timer

conversely true:

got gaugues + timer not equal got turbo

except for the timer..the rest of the function (eg voltage, rpm) etc can still be used..

expecially for those car model that battery die very fast wan then the volt meter is good...

With a turbo timer, and some holes at the driver side for those meters and stuff. I wonder how it will affect the car after he removed it?

Anyone thinks the ECU is programmed for that, which affects my FC?

What's your FC like?

There are many other reasons for bad FC.

One way u can tell if it's been turboed is by looking at the engine oil sump to see if there's an extra welded pipe

which is used for oil return back to the sump. Or check for any other weldings n stuff.

Another way is to see on the left (facing the car) at the air filter box area.

If its been turboed, chances are the left panel has to be cut to make way for the piping.

You can also open up the panel below the steering wheel and take a look at the wiring loom inside

to see if there are any half cut wires and black taped ends.

If the car has been properly turboed before, its gonna be very troublesome to revert back to stock and sell at your bought price.

Not worth the $$ made from selling the parts separately, and not worth the car's current value.

Ic, at the moment its 8+km/l but that's because I zhua the pedal quite a lot. Now trying to change my habits of driving. Thanks for the advice, I will take a look to see what you've said is in there.

8km/l??? sure or nt...i managed 12km/l with a broken engine... [laugh][laugh] and thats with abit of whacking as well like going flat out for...5 mins? [lipsrsealed]

Miscalculated, cause I agar from the gauge then it's not that accurate. I tot it's gonna finish already, actually still got quite alot. So in the end its yeah around 11-12km/l.

↡ Advertisement