First aicon engineering company

Hishercar

need bros advice on this air-con company

anybody know if this company is ok

I had my air-con chemical clean last year and now they tell me I need chemical cleaning

change gas 2 years ago now tell me gas dirty

can you guys give some expert advice if this company is ok or not or had personal experience

thanks

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

as i am not sure you are refering car or residential aircon??

never heard of chemical wash for car but for residential, my flat aircon is serviced quarterly and chemical wash for compressor and 3 unit on a yearly basis since i got my own place.

btw nvr tried this con before either. hope my feedback will give you some rough idea on maintenance.

thanks

my flat aircon is service half yearly

I did not know we need to chemical wash every year

if that is the case by the 5 year can the cost of maintenance can but an aircon

eg

daikin 1 hp cost only 1200 with installation

Supercharged

if that is the case by the 5 year can the cost of maintenance can but an aircon

eg daikin 1 hp cost only 1200 with installation = ???

i don't get what are you trying to say.

during my time, my aircon is sanyo system 3 which costs a minibomb. since we used it regularly and had customized cupboard hiding the huge trunking, we find it pointless to stinge on maintenance because should it choked, it will give us endless headaches.

my chemical wash is less than $300 inclusive of GST for 3 bedrooms. normal servicing is $20 each unit.

i hv a fren who installed diakin, hardly used and never serviced at all. now having a headache cos aircon spoilt and the repair is going to cost more than all i hv spend since we took possession of our flat at the same time.

Thanks for your advice

I realise also that servicing is important

my place is tenanted out

so quotation from this aircon company who also service my flat was gotten from the tenant

so just worried that aircon company may be pulling a fast one on me

Supercharged

hmm get 2nd quotation. my place used to be tenanted out n i used back my regular maintenance coy cos i know i get lower price n they hv records on work done on my aircon. i know familiarity might not be good but so far i don't hv any issues with them.

Edited by Qpik

chemical wash once every 2 yrs shld be fine.

normal washing is abt $20-25 per blower.

air con gas rate is $10 per bar of pressure.

hope it helps.

need bros advice on this air-con company

anybody know if this company is ok

I had my air-con chemical clean last year and now they tell me I need chemical cleaning

change gas 2 years ago now tell me gas dirty

can you guys give some expert advice if this company is ok or not or had personal experience

thanks

change company lah.. go check ntuc site for aircon

Neutral Newbie

chemical wash on the fan coil is necessary only if it's get dirty....if turn on every single day...maybe got to chemical clean it once a year at least...

Aircon is a close loop system..the gas would not tbe "used up"...unless due to some leakages along the refrigerant pipe..this one..depend on the size of the leakage...it will come back again..keep topping up is not the solution...find the source of the leakage and braze back the leakage if possible..

Chemical wash? To wash what? The coolent pipes(inside Internal Diameter) for the coolent?

Or just to wash the exterior of the fins/heat exchanger? To wash the room Fan coil unit? Or the Compressor unit?

I think its overkill to do chemical wash for house units. Normal house fan coil will not get scales or clogged up so easily. Maybe chemical wash for those heavy duty commerical units, definately an overkill for house units, IMHO.

Normal water from house tap has more than enough pressure to wash away the dust and grim on the fins/heat exchanger.

Or get the 'yellow color' brand steam cum vacuum cleaner also can clean the aircon!