Car Alarm

Ben123

Neutral Newbie

My car alarm went bonker this morning. Cannot unlock with the gadget and had to manually unlocked using the key. The moment I unlocked, the alarm sounded non-stop. I reached for the reset button below the ignition switch but could not silence the alarm despite pressing several times. Can this be repaired or is it time to change the alarm system?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Bro there is a short circuit in the alarm. Just go down to any accessories shop to rectify it. Think must change the whole module - alarm system [nod][nod][nod]

did you turn your key to "ON" position in your car, before you pressed and hold-on the reset button ?

What car you driving? OEM supplied alarm ? or self installed? Brand?

Neutral Newbie

Didn't know I need to turn to "ON" before pressing the button. I will try again. Mine is OEM supplied and I am driving a 3 yr old Lancer.

Could be a simple case of weak or flat battery in your remote. If you had armed it using the remote, unlocking the car manually by using key will cause the alarm to go off... Doesn't seem that your alarm is going bonkers, its just doing what it's programmed to do... [sunny]

Hahaha....when you are panic and not prepared, you'll get into a mess.

Try resetting the alarm.

See attach for the nissan OEM stock alarm manual. Hope able to help if it works.

↡ Advertisement