Scrap Car?

Matix

Neutral Newbie

Excuse me if this has been posted somewhere else..

I have a April 05 Hyundai Accent to sell. Is there something like from 1st Sept that we can scrap our own car? Or is it still worth it to look for a buyer?

↡ Advertisement

Accent should have a thousands+ body value, try to find a buyer 1st if cant sell. den only scrap provided if u have time. If urgent, just go and ask for quote frm the 2nd hand dealers and compare whether u get more if srap or sell.

This was in the news yesterday.

You can scrap it and get the balance refund from LTA. At the same time you can sell the car body to 2nd hand dealers.

Neutral Newbie

Paiseh digged up an old thread as I can't start a new topic.

Anyway does anyone knows how to go about scrapping a car?

I have read the article at onemotoring. So izzit on the day that I'm scrapping the car, I just drive to the appointed scrapyard and thats it?

Thanks for any replies.

Neutral Newbie

Yup...the car is fully paid-up already...

Btw I've read frm somewhere that you have to tow and not drive the vehicle to the scrapyard. Is this true?

(edited)

I guess that only apply if you already have deregistered the car. I would think you can scrap 1st, then de register + redeem the balance insurance, etc...

Better call LTA to verify.

Edited by Silver_blade

If the car can still be driven (valid road tax, insurance, road worthiness), it can be driven to the scrap centre. I have done it a few times for my motorcycle and car. Afterwhich the insurance can be canceled.