VW Scirocco

Vega

Supercharged

Finally got the chance to "molest" the Scirocco at one of the PI showroom this afternoon. What a wonderful car! I think it will sell well in our shores. [flowerface]

what's the asking price?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

what's the asking price?

basic model $118K. comes with 3 diff kits to choose from with quart Xos. if dont want kit and Xos, less $6K. less another $2K if u take 80% loan and 7 years i think. less another $2K if u r the first 5 to book with them.

$120K+ for model that comes with Cruise control, driver electric seat, electric foldable mirrors, panoramic roof, rear parking sensors and bi xenon headlight.

OMV around $25-27K. fat profit from them!!

25k OMV and they asking for 118k up? Wah lao.. the premium is tad too high liao lah...

tat's abt 54K in mark up...ridiculous pricing..too high even for a new car launch price..

That's ridiculous. My car's OMV is $24K, with $18K COE then. Selling price from AD was $85K.

$25K OMV and today's weak COE, and yet asking $118K in this weak economic climate? Crazy.

That's ridiculous. My car's OMV is $24K, with $18K COE then. Selling price from AD was $85K.

$25K OMV and today's weak COE, and yet asking $118K in this weak economic climate? Crazy.

It is new model, so in business it is natural to take the cream 1st mah. Just wait a year, the prices will come down.

basic model $118K. comes with 3 diff kits to choose from with quart Xos. if dont want kit and Xos, less $6K. less another $2K if u take 80% loan and 7 years i think. less another $2K if u r the first 5 to book with them.

$120K+ for model that comes with Cruise control, driver electric seat, electric foldable mirrors, panoramic roof, rear parking sensors and bi xenon headlight.

OMV around $25-27K. fat profit from them!!

Not surpising. New models are always priced at a premium. The price will definately moderate and become stable after 6 months.

VW is just another bread & butter car manufacturer in Europe...but here in SG, they try to price it like a luxury marque.

I think VW earns more than Merc/BMW when it comes to profit margin per car [shakehead]

Not surpising. New models are always priced at a premium. The price will definately moderate and become stable after 6 months.

VW is just another bread & butter car manufacturer in Europe...but here in SG, they try to price it like a luxury marque.

I think VW earns more than Merc/BMW when it comes to profit margin per car [shakehead]

they do earn more if compared with profit margin per car but don't think they earn that much overall given that their sales are not that fantastic [rolleyes]

they do earn more if compared with profit margin per car but don't think they earn that much overall given that their sales are not that fantastic [rolleyes]

If i'm their marketing director, I'd drop their car price by $8-10K per unit.

While they earn less each car, their sales will surely leap astronomically!

Imagine a VW Jetta 1.4 TSI and Golf TSI selling at around 75K! I'll make Honda, Toyota & all the other conti marque wet their pants!

Edited by Rickster

Imagine a VW Jetta 1.4 TSI and Golf TSI selling at around 75K! I'll make Honda, Toyota & all the other conti marque wet their pants!

Too bad you are not..

so when are you applying to be their marketing head? [grin]

[laugh] [laugh] that will also make more of branding exposure on the road too... if they really do that.. toyota and honda not only wet pants... they better stand by adult diapers then.. [lipsrsealed]

Too bad you are not..

maybe we can get some more discount if he really in there.. [laugh]

Too bad you are not..

Starting work after CNY. When u see the Golf TSI & Jetta TSI at 75K, u know its my brilliant plan [sly] Make sure u dump ur Astra and get my Golf..u'll love it to bits!

Edited by Rickster

maybe we can get some more discount if he really in there.. [laugh]

frankly, it's easier to talk when one is not sitting on the chair..

Starting work after CNY. When u see the Golf TSI & Jetta TSI at 75K, u know its my brilliant plan [sly] Make sure u dump ur Astra and get my Golf..u'll love it to bits!

can the passat be as cheap as a 2.0 c1bic? and throw in the $12k nav as well. make that a standard item rather than option

and do i get a smaller polo if i buy the big bro?

deposit in your name or VW? [grin]

can the passat be as cheap as a 2.0 c1bic? and throw in the $12k nav as well. make that a standard item rather than option

and do i get a smaller polo if i buy the big bro?

deposit in your name or VW? [grin]

Can, of course, all these things r possible whem i'm sitting on the chair [sly]

Juz deposit the $ into my personal account will do [lipsrsealed]

frankly, it's easier to talk when one is not sitting on the chair..

ya lor... much easier to talk on paper then put it into real world...

↡ Advertisement