VW Scirocco

Vega

Hi

I saw the model selling in the showroom doesn't have led headlight and DRL light, but it is considered as facelift

It doesn't have keyless entry as well.

Is this really the new version?

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Hi

I saw the model selling in the showroom doesn't have led headlight and DRL light, but it is considered as facelift

My friend got it in 2009 and till now. He has many items broke down like leather, seats mechanism, electronics stuffs.....and no longer under warranty, thus spent much on those maintenance.

Hi

Personally I feel it is a downgrade as opposed to the earlier batch of scirocco with twin turbo engine. The current one simply cannot make it IMO.

For the same price I think you can go for golf with eqp package with all the keyless and etc.

Edited by neski

Personally I feel it is a downgrade as opposed to the earlier batch of scirocco with twin turbo engine. The current one simply cannot make it IMO.

For the same price I think you can go for golf with eqp package with all the keyless and etc.

but its not 2 door and like everything else, its not a roc...

It's like a bucket list or a tick in the box. 

You can't possibly be telling everyone you are driving a substitute Roc?

but its not 2 door and like everything else, its not a roc...

It's like a bucket list or a tick in the box. 

You can't possibly be telling everyone you are driving a substitute Roc?

Oh yeah, my bad.... 4 dr vs 2 dr. But honestly the current one is less desirable than the previous model isn’t it?

Not so sure if there will be a new release of this scirocco since if I not wrong was launch in 2008.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Hi

Unfortunately, the facelifted Scirocco in SG is one of those victims of bad policy making.

VCS had to bring in a detuned, low-spec version to keep the Scirocco within Cat A and OMV under $20k so that buyers could qualify for a 70% loan.

In the words of The Donald...."Sad"

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone! I’m looking to own a VW Scirocco 1.4 as a first car. I am looking at 8 years old cars and I am aware of the common problems of VW.

I am in a dilemma. As there are roc owners suggesting me to get those with MU replaced so at least I need not worry about this for the remaining 2 years of my drive. I found one that has recon MU, Clutch, Belt & Oil gasket replaced less than a year ago. However the mileage is at a scary 190k. I brought it to a friend’s workshop for the mechanic to check and he said everything is ok besides a minor wear and tear to replace – dry shaft. My only concern is the high mileage to be honest.

Or rather rest of the roc in the market with decent mileage did not have much replacement done which I feel will be a ticking time bomb.

Any input is appreciated!

• Praise 1

Hi everyone! I’m looking to own a VW Scirocco 1.4 as a first car. I am looking at 8 years old cars and I am aware of the common problems of VW.

I am in a dilemma. As there are roc owners suggesting me to get those with MU replaced so at least I need not worry about this for the remaining 2 years of my drive. I found one that has recon MU, Clutch, Belt & Oil gasket replaced less than a year ago. However the mileage is at a scary 190k. I brought it to a friend’s workshop for the mechanic to check and he said everything is ok besides a minor wear and tear to replace – dry shaft. My only concern is the high mileage to be honest.

Or rather rest of the roc in the market with decent mileage did not have much replacement done which I feel will be a ticking time bomb.

If you like the Car,pay no more than "Paper" value+$1,000.00.

Hi everyone! Iâm looking to own a VW Scirocco 1.4 as a first car. I am looking at 8 years old cars and I am aware of the common problems of VW.

I am in a dilemma. As there are roc owners suggesting me to get those with MU replaced so at least I need not worry about this for the remaining 2 years of my drive. I found one that has recon MU, Clutch, Belt & Oil gasket replaced less than a year ago. However the mileage is at a scary 190k. I brought it to a friendâs workshop for the mechanic to check and he said everything is ok besides a minor wear and tear to replace â dry shaft. My only concern is the high mileage to be honest.

If can ask them to show you receipt proof with those replacements, owner normally will keep receipt with those big ticket replacement item.

And yes, there are many roc out there with pretty low dep.

• Praise 1

What kind of wear and tear is expected for a high mileage roc? Think I need to be prepared for the damage haha

Such a high Mileage Car is a Tickling Time Bomb,nobody can predict..... :mellow:  [bigcry]

On 2/26/2019 at 4:25 PM, AIex_x said:

What kind of wear and tear is expected for a high mileage roc? Think I need to be prepared for the damage haha

I drove a 2010 Scirocco VW, This is the 9th year and its sinking in badly. 

ECU, Gearbox leaking, MU Broke down ... Engine overhaul ; this is the major ones.

Small issues will be sensors changing..etc.

Spent for this year around 11k le.

↡ Advertisement