Primary spending credit card

Foofam77

Out of the 4 below, which one is yours or recommended?

1- HSBC

2- POSB everyday

3- DBS Esso

4- UOB

Anyone did simple analysis on which one is the most worthwhile to use in terms of the Rewards $?

↡ Advertisement

My primary spending credit card is none of the above. I use Citibank Dividend Card which gives me cash back. I've been using it for a few years and I'm very happy with it.

Rewards points

1) UOB - last for 3 years

2) HSBC - no expiry date

3) POSB - no expiry date

4) DBS - last for 1 year (+ 1 month)

5) OCBC - last for 1 year (+ 3 months)

It depends on yr spending power. Different card suit different type of card holders.

I personally find that UOB, DBS, AX and Citibank is the best in terms on rewards points.

Maybank Friends and Family card

Discounts galore for petrol / shopping in Boleh-land

Plus every dollar = 1 point.

can change point for shopping vouchers in most malls.

Depends on your spending as well.

If your spending is high and if you like to travel, then Citi's Premier Miles is suitable or the KF Amex. (if most places you patronise accept amex)

If u have been a credit card user, u shd be able to gauge what your annual spending is like. KF points only expire 3 yrs on you have roughly that amount of time to accumulate credit card points and convert them to mileage points.

Citi Div is a decent card for dining for its 3% rebate.

But it boils down to your profile as to what tier of shops you go to, the brands you like within your tier etc. That is why so many card type and brands can survive.

for rebate of money, there is the uob ONE card that give you $30 dollar cash back quarterly if you spend more than $300 monthly for 3 consecutive months. $80 if you spend $800 monthly for 3 consecutive months. down point is quarterly rebate cap at the $80 scheme. [thumbsdown]

so for people with higher spending usage, suggest citibank dividend card. 5% cash back on petrol, 2% cash back on dining, grocery and pharmaceutical purchases. You will also earn 0.5% cash back on all other purchases.

i choose to use the uob ONE card as i don't spend alot monthly, plus the spending to rebate ratio for the ONE card is higher if you do your math. [;)]

Edited by Sniperben

Maybank Use 12x Free Member fees

DBS Rewards 4000 Pts waived Member fees

POSB Everyday Instant Cash Rebates On All Purchases

Every Cards also GOOD

Sometimes Dun know which Cards to Use [rolleyes]

I have the POSB everyday card.

Recently discovered that SPC petrol doesn't give me the best FC.

Have been using Shell and Esso lately. Didn't quite fully utilize the POSB card as a result.

My primary spending credit card is none of the above. I use Citibank Dividend Card which gives me cash back. I've been using it for a few years and I'm very happy with it.

Me too!! [nod][nod]

↡ Advertisement