KPE speed limit 70km/hr?

Wind30

Is that true???

I read from newspapers that the speed limit is 70km/hr and there is many speed cameras to catch u if u go above.

isn't 70km/hr a bit slow for an expressway????? after they spend MILLIONS of dollars digging so long.... set 70km/hr?

↡ Advertisement

cause it's a extremly long tunnel, if there's a major accident it will cause alot of dangers to other. the explanation for the speed limit already been announced in the news long time ago

I drove it a couple of times from my office in near Ubi to suntec.

The tunnel look similar to the CTE tunnel, just longer. There is a big difference between 70 and 90 km/hr... The problem is people is comfortable in driving at 90-100km/hr on singapore expressway. It feels really weird driving at 70km/hr when the road in front of u is empty. There is always the "urge" to go faster to like 90-100km/hr.

just wondering, the cameras are placed on the straights uhs? cause it's like sometimes people take the down sloping corners quite quickly, won't they be subjected to the speed limits?

I did not read those reports as my office only shifted to ubi recently so I never had to use the KPE until now.... 70km/hr.... the expressway looks really nice. does driving at 70km/hr vs 90km/hr really help to reduce accidents?

I thought 90km/hr is pretty ok.... and with all the cameras they aren't afraid of people going above 90 right?

Aiya...LTA says 70km/h means 70km/h lah. Whatever reasons given are the given reasons. Not happy can don't drive to KPE. Dulan can go Hong Lim and protest.

The typical sg driver.... U kpkb 70km/h is slow yet u are so kiasi.

Since u'r going so slow u should have pay a attention as to which camera is which. Which signboards to look out for. If u still cannot see, become a passenger and have a better look next time u enter the tunnel.

:) ok lah... I only use it if I go to suntec for lunch.... not everyday.

I am just surprised at the speed limit, especially when u see the wide beautiful tunnel... it does look quite nice. The lanes are pretty wide. I just find it mind boggling to be driving at 70km/hr on that expressway if the road is clear.

Are we that bad a driver that we have to drive at 70km/hr on a spanking new expressways with no traffic lights, etc? If we are that bad.... will driving at 70km/hr helps?

do u know where the cameras are located? anyway, now only the side lane is open. The main expressway is not open yet. How u tell where the camera's are? I read from other forums that the cameras are hidden.

Seems like a lot of them are like u. Zero awareness and like to read what newspaper tell them. It's so easy to influence sgporeans, just tell them anything in the newspaper and they will fxxking fall for it.

If it's hidden, why the heck did I tell u to look around when u enter the tunnel. It's the same on every other expressway. B4 u reach where the cam is located u will always see it to warn u.

It's just a matter of time ppl find out.

But there are exceptions who live in a world of their own like the fellow who said "F1: It's next year, right?". Things like walls, fences and mountings for the lights are being set up and yet ppl can say next year. Like I said zero awareness.

Which planet are you from? KPE up and ready so long time ago liao. [laugh]

Depends.... youre half right.

I guess if you mean the tunnel portion only of KPE, then you're correct, its open.

The other portion to paya lebar / Ubi area heard will be opened soon later this month.

But I think the speed limit on the longer above-ground section of KPE should be higher, maybe 90kmh ? I hope [laugh][laugh]

bro, dun like that leh.... I am one of those who belonged to "F1 in Sept but dun know the exact date".

I rarely go to town. Even I do, I am more watchful at Bus Lane (red line, dotted line), ERP, seeking carparks and watching out for aunty drivers than noticing the fences along the race track.

okie..I am zero awareness and ignorant.

Aiya...LTA says 70km/h means 70km/h lah. Whatever reasons given are the given reasons. Not happy can don't drive to KPE. Dulan can go Hong Lim and protest.

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement