7 seater SUV?

Arrow

Hi Friends

Due to the arrival of a 2nd one, I am considering changing from a sedan to a bigger ride. This will allow me to dump all the necessary baby items and as well as ferry my folks from time to time.

Naturally I would think of MPV but those sporty looking ones cannot seems to fit 5 adults and 2 kids comfortably. With that I am referring to Stream and Wish and I dont really like the shape (no offence to current owners) of Odessey, Grandis or Estima.

With that thought in mind I will be doing some research on SUV and specifically a 7 seater one. Budget is 100k and below and I dont need a real off roader.

Couple of examples I will be looking at are (which I am not sure if there are 7 seater) are:

- Forester

- Outlander

- RAV4 LWB

Is there any others I can should be looking out for?

Regards

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Forester and RAV4 are not 7 seaters. Subaru has a new 7 seater which is the new Exiga but that one is more like a Wish size vehicle. What you may want to consider is the Toyota Vangard. It looks like a RAV4 but can seat 7. Has keyless entry and push start but it is a 2.4 liter engine. But only PI bring it in.

Neutral Newbie

One common complain about SUVs is the challenge of climbing in and out of the car, especially for old people and ladies wearing tight skirts. That's why some owner have to install side steps to help with that.

There are quite a few 7 seater SUV in Singapore market, and with your budget of $100K, these are the potential candidate for your consideration.

Chevrolet Captiva 2.4L

Daihatsu Terios 7 1.5L

Honda Crossroad 1.8L

Hyundai Santa Fe 2.7L

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4L

Nissan Qashqai+2 2.0L**

Ssangyong Rexton RX280 2.8L

Toyota Fortuner 2.7L

Toyota Vanguard 2.4L

**The model might be brought in by the AD, if there is a demand.

• Praise 4

best choice FORTUNER, the last row seat can be folded sideway to make space for you. well below $100Kthumbsup.gif

one of the biggest SUV on the road, make your present feltthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

One common complain about SUVs is the challenge of climbing in and out of the car, especially for old people and ladies wearing tight skirts. That's why some owner have to install side steps to help with that.

You are talking totally the opposite. I owned a SUV previously and changed back to another SUV after couple of years precisely cos my mom who has leg problems finds it much easier to broad and alight from a SUV.

Tight skirts? Try coming out from a low rider or even a saloon in a tight skirt and compare with a higher vehicle like a SUV, some MPV or even a lorry... it is much easier and less chances of 'run light'.

Dont take the outlander with 7 seater. the last row of seats are pathetically small and can only seat kids. go and try it if you want to seat any adult.

Captiva or Sante Fe is pretty good and well below $100k. If you are not going for SUV, try the new subaru exiga. i m not sure if the new forester has 7 seater option.

Dont go for fortuner unless you are prepared to start climbing up and down the 'truck'

Friends

Thanks for your suggestions.

7 seater is a criteria for me.

Let me have a look at Exiga, Fortuner, Vanguard and Outlander at the showrooms.

Any owners of Mark X-Zios here? Is it bigger than Wish?

Keep them coming.

In terms of budget, value for money, FC and SUV-like looks, I am quite sure that the "Daihatsu Terios 7 1.5L" will be on the top of the list. about 65k only....can save the 35k out of your 100k budget to pump petrol for a long long time....hehehe.