All New 2009 Honda Odyssey (4th Generation)

Carbon82

The back look a bit weird in my opinion...I feel it would look betta had the rear lights been designed a little higher..it is placed a bit too low giving it a rather strange look..

hi all,

they called it the all new odyssey?

to me, the front is still the same, like the current model. then any changes in the engine? else the term "all new" is wrong!!!

like the nf sonata, its all new, cos new platform, new engine, new design.

jus my opinion [laugh]

But that is usually the Japanese style by changing a bit here and there then they called it a new model unlike the Koreans actually change everything internally and externally.

That is the Japanese way of doing things I suppose. Facelift is more commonly refer to as model change (MC), while new model is termed full model change (FMC).

As for what is new in this 2009 Odyssey, detailed info is still not available, so no way to tell, but one thing for sure, it does come with new features: New Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering Assist and Driving Stability Support Technology.

CorporateSeptember 4, 2008

Honda Offers New Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering Assist and Driving Stability Support Technology in Japan

TOKYO, Japan, September 4, 2008

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

but hopefully singaporeans r getting smarter, not bluff by the advertisement gimmicks.

Are you refering to the case of "New" Toyota Altis? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 5

Few more unusual spec options that was only available for top end car before may be available for this coming Odyssey:

1) ACC (IHCC) Adaptive cruise control (inteligence highway cruise control)

2) LKAS Lane keep assistance

3) Rear End Collision Mitigation Brake System (similar to pre safe)

Plus the more common ESC, ABS, VSA, full side airbags.

With those options the car may cost around 150K to 180K. I dont think many will order such.

↡ Advertisement