Car Manufacturer Advert Wars

Brock

I found this funny so I thought I should share this with you all. Got it from http://wheelsweekly.blogspot.com/ It's best that you read the quotes first then read the ads.

As per requested, I'm bringing this up again. Everything started in 2006 when BMW, upon winning the World Car of The Year for it's E90 3 Series, 'congratulated' Audi's A4 for winning South Africa's Car of The Year. Audi then retaliated by congratulating BMW in return, stating from 'The winner of 6 consecutive Lemans'. Suddenly Subaru decides to join in the fun, congratulating both German marques for winning the beauty contest - From the winner of Engine of The Year Award. The whole ad tussle caught everyone's attention, and finally Bentley ended it off with a silent campaign, and the most powerful one of the lot.

We're really hoping for more of such offensive yet funny ads from these established marques. We'd guessed the real looser was Mercedes Benz where no one gave a fcuk throughout the tussle that lasts a few months. Check it out in sequence below.

funny_bmw.jpg

audi.jpg

subaru.jpg

(scroll down some more to see the finale to the ad wars...)

bentley.jpg

↡ Advertisement

I personally think the ads were very creative. Like what you say, we will not be able to see such creativity here since 'the powers' are in position...

Up till now, the validity of the Subaru and Bentley ads are still in question, as far as I know from the Net. The Audi and BMW ad is genuine apparently.