'Little' Lewis in Monza

Abba

Neutral Newbie

Its alright for you a Ferrari friend to laugh as much as you want. Afterall, its just you. :) One has to ask what is your intention to bring up this thread, worried about Massa or trying to make yourself feel good?

Whether Lewis is going to be Champ or not, I will still stand by him. The more people react negative, the more I know I made the right choice. I am never a herd-follower. Much like our current political system.

Laugh all you want, I am sure the race would be very interesting close to end of season. The way you reacted reminds me of a monkey who got too excited and spilled all over its pants. [laugh]

Lewis is the best driver among the rest, the rest has to pray that it would not rain so he could not stand the advantage. For someone who is able to get second in last year's championship shows that it is time to wake the rest up.

Alonso screwed himself big time by being a double-headed snake last year. Massa could not have moved up with help from FIA, and Kimi - lets let him rest in peace. I can only say you filled with many negative opinions that makes your life very sad.

Edited by Caparo
↡ Advertisement

Assuming he's copying Alonso's car set up last year, then let me ask you this. Whose setup has he got to copy this year? Hekki's? Or one of the test driver's? Sometimes either driver will get the better setup, and it's only natural that the information will be shared between team mates. Can you guarantee me Alonso did not once copy Hamilton's set up last year?

So now you are saying he's fast because he's in a McLaren. No doubt that it's one of the reason why he's at the head of the field. But if that's the sole reason then why are we not seeing the same performance from Heikki?

Sure I find him arrogant but F1 is too much of a politically correct event nowadays when drivers are buddy buddy with each other or seem to be that case. Guess what? I actually like him being arrogant coz some drivers just don't have the balls to say what's on their minds.

Sure his driving may not be to everyone's taste. And it's not really my kinda thing either. But sometimes I can't help but feel those drivers who cry father cry mother about his driving are driving like old grandmas on the track when they are paid to do the opposite. And, those drivers don't really have a reason to drive like brats, do they? Especially when they are not even fighting for the championship. Not even close. And are you certain that if they are the ones fighting for championship, they won't drive in the same aggressive manner?

At the end of the day, no driver is perfect. Lewis certainly isn't, but neither are his championship rivals. Before you shoot your mouth off again, do take a long hard look at the performance of your favourite team this season.

Edited by Kangz

Neutral Newbie
maybe they should let him drive a kart instead of a F1 car [:p]

his style suits Junior kart series, all b*lls and no brains [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Would Lewis be as successful in a Honda, Super Sugri or Force India? I seriously doubt so.

The McLaren has only this year been quick and very reliable. Lewis is lucky to have a McLaren under him, not a Honda, nor Super Sugri or Force India

Neutral Newbie

He has guts in the wrong place, his reckless and disregard for on track safety is appalling. His unnecessary risky on track bahaviour makes many wonder where his pea size grey matter may be [hur][dizzy]

There is racing and then there is hooliganism [lipsrsealed]

I have yet to hear any driver on the grid nor ex-champ supporting his driving style. I wonder who is alone on this [laugh][laugh][laugh]

If kimi slows down, won't that let lewis overtake easily? This is a proper track not a street one where overtaking chances are sparse. I just don't see how this strategy works out. sweatdrop.gif

catching up is one thing, overtaking is another different business. Not unless there's a big diference in car performance.

Anyways,

as a Kimi fan, I'm really disappointed with his season. (but i'm still a fan!)

as a Ferrari fan, I'm anxious for them.

as a F1 fan, this 2 seasons have proved to be more than entertaining.

So lets put our differences aside and enjoy the sport for what it brings.

Cheers! [thumbsup]

Edited by Longbownet

You are right. He won't be challenging for the championship in a Force India or Red Bull. But did Alonso win the championship when he's with Minardi? [hur] Put any top class driver in a tail-of-the-grid team and he still won't challenge for the championship. Simple as that.

Agreed. The Ferraris were no match in the wet due to their tyres.(you'll know if you have been following)

Everybody else were no match for his aggressiveness during all other times. And I shall not comment on his overtaking fashion lest the fans war start again.

[sunny]

As a neutral and having seen some of his overtaking, i was surprised that many of them, esp against lesser competitors, look so easy.

That's why i disagree, from my (limited) exposure to the races so far, when people say overtaking is v difficult as lewis seem to have proven otherwise.

Neutral Newbie

Lewis has been driving recklessly and dangerous esp in the wet, unnecessarily jinking and pushing other drivers onto the grass, many other drivers on the grid have hit back at him. Yet to hear 1 backing him, they must all be wrong [dizzy]

Neutral Newbie

You have said it, Lewis would not be competitive in a less competitive car.

Alonso developed a under performing Renault and brought it back to back Championship, after he left the Renault was ailing. Guess what, he's back to Renault and developed the car to 2 back to back wins; I guess the Renault can pilot themselvs on the track and win races

Neutral Newbie

Lewis is unnecessarily reckless for no apparently reason, his move in the wet on Glock esp was unnecssary. The jinking and pushing unfounded. Wonder who's driving in a hooligan manner [hur]

"What happened to the age-old values of honor, integrity, fair play and pride in victory and defeat in sporting competitions? Sigh " [dizzy][lipsrsealed][hur]

Do watch Monza again if you see don't get it [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
Hands up, those who want to see Lewis eat the humbie pie. [laugh]

Oh yeah [bounce1][bounce2][bounce1][bounce2][bounce1][bounce2]

He needs a tanker of that [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement