Anybody take LionAir (budget airline by Indo) to Bali

Help1

Hi, anyone fly with LionAir from Singapore to Bali before?

I am looking into the following

1) safety

2) reliable

3) flight punctuality

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

↡ Advertisement

hi

so how was the flight? you took the 6am flight?

what time do you need to checkin at the airport?

i always print out all the booking details when i book online.

i also never heard b4 until all flights to bali by well-known airlines fully booked next month and nov...then travel agency recommends me

1) my whole family flew there and came back, safely.

2) no wheels dropped off mid air.

3) same as SIA.

cheap like hell. more time in bali due to flight schedule. so enjoy every bit of your time in bali. use your money saved to enjoy in bali.

good luck [:)]

Hi, anyone fly with LionAir from Singapore to Bali before?

I am looking into the following

1) safety

2) reliable

3) flight punctuality

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

generally not safe coz its inodnesia! but normally they will use lousy old planes for domestic flights...for international one..probably 'better' planes.

This is not a fair statement. Lion Air uses B737-800ER, one of the most advanced B737 jets flying around. its even newer than the 737s flown by Malaysia Airlines. In fact the new B737 are newer than many of the planes that SIA flies. But i do agree that there are many old jets flying around in indonesia, but these jets if properly maintained, are will able to fly safely. Many Americans major airlines also use planes that are more than 20 years old

I have to agree with B777. However, Lion Air uses the B737-900ER instead of the 800ER for their B737 Next Generation fleet. It is the largest B737 produced in terms of passenger load and size. The 737-900ER will most likely be used for Bali flights unless something unforeseen happens whereby they might have to use their older aircraft like the MD-80 series aircraft which just had an accident operating with Spanair in August in Spain.

For your info, Lion Air will be replacing all their aircraft to B737-900ERs in the coming years. Statistically, this will enable Lion Air to have an average fleet age much younger than SIA. [laugh]

Edited by Jetabout777

Actually I wouldn't consider Lion Air as a budget airline given the fact that they have a business class configuration onboard their aircraft. You may want to consider them as a regional airline like SilkAir. [:|]

ya. u can still fly some poorly maintained planes and still alive! its all about chances...but the chances is high to accident if u fly with a country with poor reputation in airlines compare. i dont want to risk my life.