Anwar to be new Malaysia PM?

Damienic

PETALING JAYA: Opposition Leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has claimed that more than 31 Barisan MPs have agreed to cross over to Pakatan Rakyat.

He, however, refused to reveal the names of the 31 MPs.

Anwar told a press conference at the PKR headquarters in Petaling Jaya on Tuesday that he would do so when he meets the Prime Minister.

The Permatang Pauh MP also claimed that the transition to the new Government has been delayed a few days pending the meeting with Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi to ensure a smooth and peaceful transition.

He said it was up to Abdullah to agree to the meeting and its date.

In a letter submitted to Abdullah on Monday, Pakatan had made four demands to ensure a smooth transition:

1) That Barisan does not hinder or prevent the MPs from acting in accordance with their conscience and judgement;

2) That the Barisan government should not invoke the Internal Security Act to detain the MPs or any other current Pakatan MPs;

3) That Barisan government does not invoke emergency laws or police powers or suspend the Constitution or dissolve Parliament; and

4) That the Barisan government shall not impose roadblocks or impede MPs from going to Parliament or any institution of government.

________________________________________________________________________________

_________

Latest news from Malaysian daily this afternoon....dunno got hao siao or not?? [dizzy]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Unless and untill he reveals those names, it remains wild goose chase

Anwar has his reputation at stake if he does not have as claimed

but in politics, anything and anyhow can

Maybe the cross-over MPs agrees to cross over only if Anwar can guarantee their safety. Now it seems the BN will do anything to preserve their power, even if it means using the ISA.

sekali when he tok to pak lah.... pak lah show him more than 41 from pakatan rakyat join barisan nasional liao, including his dotter, who is a MPlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Neutral Newbie

But I think Anwar has reached his maturity in politics by sensibly approaching Pak Lah to offer a smooth and peace transition.

The very situation Malaysian people, its economy and neighbouring countries need currently.

pity pak lah.no support from own party.own party wan him out.opposition want him out.feel like an outcast already.but i rather anwar take over den najib or mahathir's son or mahathir himself.

looks like mahathir is power hungry now...n tinking of joining back.i tink after he stepped down, he lost a lot of money from de projects dat had links wif him.or he jealous...dat our dearest mr lee stil in parliament enjoying the fruits of OUR labour. [laugh]

but anwar was also extremist last time.. he was very popular and madhatter had no choice but to co-op him.. and later he managed to work his way to DPM. and then the sodomee case.. 10 years later.. he is back.. either way, i think pak lah is still the most moderate person.. hope he can stay longer

But I think Pak Lah will not hand over power so easily...they might do something out of desperation to thwart Anwar's plans..

maybe Pak Lah will then claim that Anwar also soto-mee him during that meeting. sign of desperation.

haiz...who ever say this year will be good ought to be rifle.gif. everywhere also got trouble.

Latest new was that Pak lah throw out anwar letter.

Citing that

"Abdullah, who has faced repeated calls to quit since elections in March which saw the opposition dramatically increase its numbers in parliament, said he did not feel compelled to quit.

"Why should I be pressured? It is mere dreams. If at all it is true, (Anwar) would have announced it by now. The whole world would have known," he said.

"Do you think he would ask for a meeting with me to discuss a transition? He would storm into my room with hundreds behind him, shouting victory. This is Anwar's style."

After the elections, Anwar set himself a target of September 16 to persuade at least 30 government lawmakers to switch sides and enable him to form a new administration"

Taken from yahoo.com.my under headline news.

By storming the room, later he can get the securities to prosecute anwars team stating unauthorised entry.

Who would be so stupid to storm into parliment house.This is giving BN the chance to use Police or ISA authority namely: forceful entry, acting against national interest, riots or even worse,terrorism.

Which is why Anwar is taking a political approach. To cover his and his team's backside.

If pak lah is not scared, why would he reject to the claims? He should instead allow Anwar to show him proof during parliment session.