New Citroen C4

Flipflop

http://www.xxxxxxx.com/news/news.php?newsid=1760

New engines are co-developed with BMW, the 1.6 Turbo seems quite impressive. Hopefully it doesn't get paired with a stone-age transmission.

C4 1.6 16V VTi 120hp (Variable valve lift and Timing Injection)

The VTi 120hp petrol engine, with a manual or automatic gearbox, replaces the 1.6i 16V 110hp unit, offering an economical and responsive driving experience, with fuel efficiency of 42.2mpg and CO2 emissions of 159g/km on the combined cycle (down 6% on the former unit).

The VTi unit is fitted with an aluminium block and cylinder head and features continuously variable valve timing. The intake valves also benefit from a system that allows their maximum travel to be adjusted gradually depending on the force applied to the accelerator pedal. These two features boost engine efficiency and increase responsiveness with some 90% of maximum torque available all the way through the rev range from under 2,000 through to 6,000rpm.

C4 1.6i 16V THP 150hp (Turbo High Pressure

The new THP 150hp (Turbo High Pressure) engine provides the perfect blend of higher performance, driving pleasure and economy with significantly lower fuel consumption and CO2 emissions. With its six-speed manual gearbox, the THP 150hp

Edited by Flipflop
↡ Advertisement

actually looks more like a facelift only.. but since they mounted new engines into the car.. might as well call it a new C4... just like when they re-did the mini cooper last year..

Neutral Newbie

hi sony, how's your experience been driving the C4? i test drove a 3 yr old C4 last week and love it, but a little hesitant coz no more warranty, mileage was a bit high etc..and like my dad commented, we hardly see a C4 on the road..

cheers, briz

if you are referring to the 4door normal C4, I think the auto gear box to be quite the norm...

but plenty of electronic stuff, so unless you are sure there's no issue, I think you are better off looking at others, esp with the end of warranty and mileage..

but the C4 sure look good outside and inside.

anyway, can't comment too much as I only test drove it a twice..

Went to Citroen showroom today....Saw the C4 VTR...can't really find review on this car...

anyone can share some info about this car....? What i know is only those specs on the paper...

The VTR version only can test drive on weekends....Might be going down for a test drive this weekend...

Edited by Dennisk

actually looks more like a facelift only.. but since they mounted new engines into the car.. might as well call it a new C4... just like when they re-did the mini cooper last year..

the MINI Cooper was a total new design, every part was different. They only look similar becausue the "look" is the critical success factor of a MINI; they can't change such a successful interpretation.

Went to Citroen showroom today....Saw the C4 VTR...can't really find review on this car...

anyone can share some info about this car....? What i know is only those specs on the paper...

The VTR version only can test drive on weekends....Might be going down for a test drive this weekend...

VTS u mean

its the closest u can get to wrc c4 street legal wise, power can pump up to 200, approx 170 at wheel after mods and ecu remaps

once this 2L na batch sold out, worldwide production switching to 1.6t 175hp, same as cooper S

VTS u mean

its the closest u can get to wrc c4 street legal wise, power can pump up to 200, approx 170 at wheel after mods and ecu remaps

once this 2L na batch sold out, worldwide production switching to 1.6t 175hp, same as cooper S

Didn't managed to get a test drive...was quite dissapointed with their system...

Asked me to come on weekends for test drive....went on Saturday...another SE told me to come back on weekdays to test drive...waolao [furious]

Reason was manager not there...the test drive unit is the manager's car... [shakehead][shakehead][shakehead]

if u are disappointed now (like this already), walk away and stick to toyota or other brand

service centre more free for us :D

[nod]

but still wanna get a feel of the car...

test a 308t

feels abt 80% there

just that u dont get to go past the 55xx mark and surge all the way to 8k

Edited by Furrynadz

Shopping for a new car?

Erm...Close friend of mine looking for one...i myself also wanna know more about other ride car characteristic...maybe can look out for another ride... :D