2009 Grand Vitara 2.4L VVT

Kojinanbu

Suzuki has come up with a VVT Grand Vitara AWD with a 2.4L engine, rear disc brakes...

No change to the look except what lies beneath the bonnet, its EPS, 6 airbags and other enhanced electronic mechanisms that delivers powers to the wheels in accordance with the terrain condition.

Anyone test driven it at Champions yet?

↡ Advertisement

Yes, for the first time they've come up with a VVT instead of the usual DOHC engine. Compared to the 2WD 2.0L version, this one comes with keyless entry and rear disc brakes like its 2.7L V6 sibling. Even comes with a subwoofer to boot.

The drive is enjoyable with better sound insulation but I would say the rear passengers will still hear a fair bit of the road resonnance.

I heard all 2006 GV owners were sent letters by Champion inviting them to "upgrade" to this new breed in the line within the launch period but I'm not too sure how much discount, if any, there will be if they do take the bite.

If I'm not mistaken, the pricetag is $85K in the Champions' advert.

I happen to sit and drive my friend's Vitara though his is only 2.0 but the road noise and engine noise are very loud. He himself also found that the noise is louder compared to his previous Kia Cerato.

Power and pickup not quite good but maybe it is still new and not run-in yet.

The most lousy thing is that the car do not comes with the alarm system with car finder function. The default immobilizer system will open the driver door when you press the unlock button from the remote and if you want to unlock all the doors, you have to press the unlock button twice which I find it is a hassle and stupid. [thumbsdown]

I cannot believe that there is no car finder function in the original alarm so guess it is best to install a good alarm when you got the car. [laugh]