Electricity tariff hikes trend

Help1

okie...I maybe wrong...my wild wild wild guess.

Is this another honest mistake which SP service hedge the oil price at $155.14?

If this is so, then the CEO shd be fired. Why are we paying for his mistake?

↡ Advertisement

Another rise in cost? So sick of it..oil price is down but they will say is base on current stock pile which is price at a high last time.

U forgot the lights for F1 not cheap wor [laugh]

ya lor...like the US FedRes, they will pump in 700 billion to save economy but these burden will be shared by each working citizen at 2300++

to have a successful F1 nite race, each household have to share the 'success' due to the excessive use of electricity during the past few days... [laugh][laugh]

umm... let's say each household average bill is $100, that means each household contribute $22 to the F1 bill.

ok, what i manage to get right now is 1995 yrs data. there are a total of 773, 700 housedold (of cause now is much much higher...)

so, a simple maths:

773700x$22= $17,021,400/ mth...

did i miss out anything here?.... conservatively, 17mil/mth extra revernue for them and we are talking about 3mths later before the next review..... [sweatdrop]

i think someone wanted the ROI for the F1 within 3mths hor... [lipsrsealed]

singapore power is truly shameless (hey, not political posting since singpower is privatised, no???)

their meter spoil, if homeowner blur cooock like me, dunno, they will try to backcharge for the months their meter spoil.

mind u, in my case, meter "spoil" from the day i move in, but got some reading, not zero, so i gong gong thought it's actual usage. [rolleyes]

raising tariff is very mild in comparison [laugh][laugh]

on the other hand, dun shoot me but i think our water isn't all that ex. either that or my water meter also... [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

sxxt man, my avg bill per month is $300!

Who should I blame?

1. Myself for running such a high bill.

2. Sing Power for raising prices when oil price has actually dropped.

3. The Govt for letting this happen.

4. The 66.6%

Hmmnnnn................... [laugh]

"For the period from October 1 to December 31, tariffs have been pegged to a higher "forward fuel oil price" of S$155.14 per barrel"

Might as well forward until 2020, S$20.20 per litre!!!! [rifle]

[thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Edited by Powerhouse

morning issue GST Offset, at nite come take back..

GST offset?

yep... money from gahmen...

i got 275...

but so fast need to return some back liao... knn [rifle][rifle]

Yes those people hedging the price and turn otherwise we should still have to bear the brunt.....I think instead rising price the CEO should work one year without pay or performance bonus for making the blunder. Peasants always on losing side....suck our blood until dry.

umm... let's say each household average bill is $100, that means each household contribute $22 to the F1 bill.

ok, what i manage to get right now is 1995 yrs data. there are a total of 773, 700 housedold (of cause now is much much higher...)

so, a simple maths:

773700x$22= $17,021,400/ mth...

did i miss out anything here?.... conservatively, 17mil/mth extra revernue for them and we are talking about 3mths later before the next review..... [sweatdrop]

i think someone wanted the ROI for the F1 within 3mths hor... [lipsrsealed]

3mths = 1 quarter..news mentioned economy slowing down and might hit into recession...these amt could come in useful... [lipsrsealed]

I don't understand why there is sense of transparency now.

Suddenly, there is a PTC to "control" the price of public transport which is only known a few years back. And now, there is an Energy Market Authority. How many more of such agencies who are hiding in shadows and only need to appear when there is a surge in price so to cover their "cost". Are they going to reduce the price by 25% their so-called "quarter"? These privatised companies has been in the positive outlook on their financial statement for so many years as it is the only company who are providing energy to the public. Is there another company to choose from? No. We Singaporeans are just suckers to leeches. There are like most typical torrent users. No cap on download and 1kb/s on upload.

I feel that this round of increase is too steep at 22%...especially during a time where more people are facing high inflation, and uncertain job security. [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

Edited by Silver_blade

Pardon me if i am asking stupid question here. Does anyone know how to calculate the power (in watt) that my modem is drawing? If i on it 24hrs a day. The power adapter says 5V, 1.0A MAX.

Revised tariff is at 30.45 cents / kwh

Any formula?

↡ Advertisement