Malaysia: Hotel Equatorial Malacca

Chengtl

Hi,

I'll be driving up to Malacca in mid Oct and will be staying at Hotel Equatorial. Any bros here ever parked in the hotel before? Reason I'm asking is that I'm most concerned about the car park security and need to be assured that my car will not be missing when I wake up every morning. So was hoping to hear some feedbacks from u guys here in case some of u have parked there before.

Thanx.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

stayed there for 2 nights, well.. of course theres no guarantee, just park head in, lock your steering wheel, leave valuables out of sight, and if your car is a ferrari.. better don't drive up the NSHW [laugh]

i was driving a mazda323 which i doubt most .my ppl wants..

but i ever heard of S class getting robbed at gun point from my Malacca friends..

• Praise 1

Hi...been there 3X in 6months earlier this year.

Basically was there in Dec 07, Feb 08, May 08.

All 3X parked at the basement carpark. Generally safe...tho I did try to park near the entry/exit points. Then again...there was 1 time I had to park at B3 cause B2 was full....super dark & ulu...but car was safe! [laugh][laugh]

Then again...I was driving a Chevy optra....lau pok car...so no on want to steal...with steering lock on too.... [laugh][laugh]

Saw a lot of SG cars in the cp...should be safe IMO....

• Praise 1

Thanx for the replies. I'm driving a Civic FD and it's not stock e.g. with sports rims etc. Hope it's safe. Not sure if the hotel provides 100% assurance or not, since it's their carpark and security anyway. I know I sound very kiasi but just need to be sure lor....haha.

Being there a few times, so far so good.wink.gif

But I think there were incidents beofre - some SG car went missing (despit of usual alarm system) after a night's stay at the Hotel....unsure.gif

Safer way is to lock here and there to show to car thief yours is "more" diffcult to steal than others....guess that would be less risky...wink.gif

• Praise 1

Agree...doesn't matter what u drive...

Just try to park near the staircase entry/exit (only 1 at B2). that way constant traffic flow helps to deter would be thefts...

Also don't think car alarm will help cause its quite 'far away' from the lobby. No one will respond....that's why I always use steering wheel lock in M'sia to deter thefts....

it is a nice hotel especially if you stay at their Club floor, more privilege and better in terms of room space, free food and drink somemore..... tongue.gif free breakfast also..... smile.gif

quite crowded place though.....

• Praise 1

Mine is just a Honda Civic FD. Not a flashy enough car so shld be safe I guess. Steering wheel lock should do the trick I hope. Any other protection besides this? Short of clamping my own car? [laugh]

Hi, been there on my bike(2002), car, so far no problems. In fact, the car park got alot of SG plate cars. The club floor is better, as the hotel is not really that new now. tongue.giftongue.gif Last visited there was in May this year. wink.gif

went there abt 2 weeks ago... I shld say quite safe... i saw quite a number of sg cars there, including a Chrysler 300C... dun worry... if nt, dowad other bros said, head in and park beside a more expensive car if possible...

↡ Advertisement