Sands IR workers protest? Signs of trouble?

Leepee

I am impressed that FT are paid $1700pm. [scholar]

Some may say that Singaporeans will shy away from this 7am-9pm, 28days work routine, so have to pay the FT high salary!

I heard GRADUATE starting salary are $1700-$2000 in 2007 and 2008! Almost on par,GAWWD!

No wonder the properties are booming in Singapore, no wonder car demands are high, no wonder the food court can charged $8.50 for economical rice, etc.

Call me naive, but I always thought that construction workers are 'normally' paid around $1k salary.

↡ Advertisement

Construction workers are usually paid higher than normal unskilled jobs as it is a very physically and mentally demanding job....Local born construction workers are paid $2000++...its not unusual for FT to be paid $1700 which is around 30% less than wat locals get...I not sure where you got the info from that construction workers normally gets around 1K salary...

But anyway, that's beside the pt...I thot the construction company trying to pull a fast one by deducting $500 from their monthly salaries after agreeing to pay $1700 from the start...

It was in the news last night...but I dun think there's anything wrong with the pay scale...they worked 12-14hrs a day and get 1 rest day in a week at most...

I guess there is not much news on this.....to play down this event.

I would not want to hear Genting/Sands announce any delays or problems.

But this 180 workers protest could be the tip of the iceberg. [lipsrsealed]

Agree with you Bro [nod][nod][nod]

These Tiong Kok fellows used their sweat & labour under the damn hot weather working 14 hours a day [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

1.7K isn't consider much [gossip][gossip][gossip]

Maybe people see them as Tiong Kok Nans hence might consider this amount as alot [gossip][gossip][gossip]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

rain or shine also must do...I always observe them doing work in the new condo construction just opp my flat...its extremely hard work..they also more prone to getting skin cancer compared to folks like us due to working so many hours under the hot sun and for so many yrs...

Edited by Damienic

Condo project considered small scale liao compared to the massive IR project. It's really tough sh*t at the worksite, not to mention exposure to all the safety hazards at a construction site [whip] Most of them get heat exhaustion nowadays [sweatdrop]

I am impressed that FT are paid $1700pm. [scholar]

Some may say that Singaporeans will shy away from this 7am-9pm, 28days work routine, so have to pay the FT high salary!

I heard GRADUATE starting salary are $1700-$2000 in 2007 and 2008! Almost on par,GAWWD!

No wonder the properties are booming in Singapore, no wonder car demands are high, no wonder the food court can charged $8.50 for economical rice, etc.

Call me naive, but I always thought that construction workers are 'normally' paid around $1k salary.

all salaries are based on per hour. it is only 3+ or 4+ per hour...... you want to work go work lor

[nod] for that kind of hard work, $1700 is not sky high pay and not everyone can do their work leh... very tough work ....

the issue here is that company which try to shortchange them .... [thumbsdown]

hope mom fine them big time for having such a practices... [furious]

I am impressed that FT are paid $1700pm. scholar.gif

since u so impressed, why not quit ur job and toil away 14hrs/day/7days a week in hot, dusty and dangerous conditions so that SG no need to hire any foreign workers?

You are really talk c.o.c.k queen. $1700 to work from 7am-9pm, under hot sun and heavy rain at times. You want do?

yalor.. local boy want a $7100 pay check, 8-5, 5 days work, aircon room, work with computer, and car allowance.... [laugh]

btw, how come they manage to "gather" at the mom in such a large scale....??... [dizzy]

I am impressed that FT are paid $1700pm. scholar.gif

NO WONDER you thought you will be getting $4-$5K after you graduate, fancy you wanna CHOOT Caymanlaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

↡ Advertisement