Sands IR workers protest? Signs of trouble?

Leepee

You will be even more suprise that some FTs are getting 7 to 8k

for working few hrs a night, 20 days per month just by lying down in AIRCON Room, leting people do " piling" on them.

I personally interview a few of them onsite and confirm

their salary.

Edited by Mahjong74
↡ Advertisement

You are right. The main con normally squeeze the sub-con damn jialat, say here no good there no good, never deliver on time, etc. The main con never pay the sub-con on time as well due to rising price of construction material. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyway, this Marina IR project is a massive one and they are suppose to be completed by end of next year. [sweatdrop] I drive past and I see the structure is not even halfway there. No wonder they working day and night 24/7.

A few sub-con has contacted my company to supply doors and they said the main con want 20 years warranty for the doors. [hur][dizzy]

is not the main con want the 20yrs warranty.... is the stoopid consultant, your boss should just open up another new company to supply them those door, after all $$$ received, close down the company.tongue.gif

I hear the 20 years warranty, I siam far far man. Tell them we cannot handle the project and ask them find other supplier.

hur.gif consultant..... CPG also the same.... all the consultant wanna cover their backside only.shakehead.gifshakehead.gifshakehead.gif

that's one of the reason i leave the 'dirty' industry.nod.gif

quite big. 10 blocks........... I must admit the PM there is realli good in chopping subcon. If not he rose thru the ranks so fast. From supervisor to SPM in a few yrs time.

It was in the news last night...but I dun think there's anything wrong with the pay scale...they worked 12-14hrs a day and get 1 rest day in a week at most...

[nod] They work very long hours everyday! [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement