American Express offers - up to 12% discounts on SPC petrol

Cheekg98

Neutral Newbie

Made a call to DBS to ask about this.

The T&Cs are not straightfoward. You only qualify for a discount based on how much to spend using the card in a month. Generally - the qualifying total rebate for the month is 1% of your total spending bill (petrol plus everything else).

So for E.g. I've a $250 a month petrol bill. And a spent $1,000 on the Amex. At 1% I only qualify for $10 rebate. Which works out to be 4%. If I really want to have a 10% discout ($25), I need to spend $2,500 on the Amex a month.

But if I only spend $500 on the Amex, I only qualify for $5. What is little more than 2%.

It's very much a sales gimmick to make you use the Amex more.

http://dbs.com.sg/sg/personal/cards/promotions/amexgrocery/

Neutral Newbie

sorry to hear that. i think self censorship is one of singapore's greatest 'strengths'. forums also got OB markers yes? imposed by a sense of right and wrong by the ruling elites. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

using citibank divident card at Esso is better:

station discount 5%

3% rebate on next month bill

5% rebate at all petrol station, will mail check to you when divident reach $50.

All together around 13%.

Check out this site:

http://www.petrolwatch.com.sg/

It has a summary of the offers. DBS Amex a bit BS one. I thought really got 10%, go and pumped vPower, then tio pwn... haizzzz...

But vPower really power man!

thk u didnt read the post fully ... the current AMEX offer is for SPC , not shell sunny.gif

Made a call to DBS to ask about this.

The T&Cs are not straightfoward. You only qualify for a discount based on how much to spend using the card in a month. Generally - the qualifying total rebate for the month is 1% of your total spending bill (petrol plus everything else).

So for E.g. I've a $250 a month petrol bill. And a spent $1,000 on the Amex. At 1% I only qualify for $10 rebate. Which works out to be 4%. If I really want to have a 10% discout ($25), I need to spend $2,500 on the Amex a month.

But if I only spend $500 on the Amex, I only qualify for $5. What is little more than 2%.

It's very much a sales gimmick to make you use the Amex more.

http://dbs.com.sg/sg/personal/cards/promotions/amexgrocery/

i think you are also another victim of DBS bad advertisement ... this current offer is by American Express ... laugh.gif

in fact received a adv called from maybank on the credit card ..

5% on top the station discount..

she claimed can be used both sg and my..

in the end, i ask her to sent me the doc to review...

Neutral Newbie

I used this...SPC Card (think call SPU or something like that)...It offers 6% discount upwards depend on our prior month usage. Pay by Everyday Card..get additonal 5% rebate..which can be used for next usage of this card. Generally, I get 11 to 12% discount.

↡ Advertisement