PSB Vs MDIS

Typhoonz

I am indeed keen if u can provide me with the names of your friends and also the ministry that they belong too. Case in point is my wife. She is with MOE. Nope, they do not recognize the Bradford degree. It has been a good 6 years of slogging with Diploma payscale. Hope u can furnish me with the data. I will be taking this up with the relevant authorities again.

BTW, MDIS is NOT RECOGNIZED by the gahment. My wife has a degree from Bradford... nope, it is worthless.

End

can you qualify your statement with examples, what leads you to conclude that bradford degree is worthless.

i have friends in the civil service with this degree on a graduate payscale

for a list of approved universities, ask your wife to go to the MOE intranet. also, for the purpose of future degrees etc, it would be wise to check the list of approved universities before embarking on the degree. these days, at least they publish the list. i heard that back then it was like "you go do first, we decide if we want to give it recognition or not later on..." [hur][hur]

↡ Advertisement

was from mdis..lecturers are good..coz biz law & account lecturers gave very accurate tips laugh.gif oh I miss the prawn mee from mdis canteen.be prepared not to nosebleed coz many chiobus OL

Is it? I also quite handsome so they also better lookout... laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Disclaimer : Mai flame wah... No one praise me so I praise myself... rolleyes.gif

MDIS is solely weekday classes, whereas PSA and even Kaplan has 1 of the class days during the weekends...

So far all institutions has classes and tutorials and no online studying... Now printing the syallabus out to compare...

cool.gif

why didnt consider UniSIM?

I am indeed keen if u can provide me with the names of your friends and also the ministry that they belong too. Case in point is my wife. She is with MOE. Nope, they do not recognize the Bradford degree. It has been a good 6 years of slogging with Diploma payscale. Hope u can furnish me with the data. I will be taking this up with the relevant authorities again.

BTW, MDIS is NOT RECOGNIZED by the gahment. My wife has a degree from Bradford... nope, it is worthless.

End

can you qualify your statement with examples, what leads you to conclude that bradford degree is worthless.

I did a check a couple of years back on this. PSC (Public Service Commission) chap informed me that all state universities belonging to commonwealth countries are recognised. Only selected American universities are recognised (have to check with them cos they maintain a list).

AND my friends with Degrees from Bradford and UOL are in the civil service also - just name some one is a manager with the Elections Dept and another 2 are with the Singapore Police Force. If you want their names PM me. (BTW i was with the civil service previously)

I don't know if your wife is aware of it. BUT MOE is very sticky with degrees unlike other ministries. For example, I took the poly path and graduated from Aust (studied full time in UWA) was on dean's list and graduated with honours.

Apply for MOE and MINDEF together with my wife (NUS normal degree) - MOE didn't get even an interview but my wife was called up, i was informed I didn't meet the cut... MINDEF - went for IQ test, etc and was offered a job...but my wife was informed that she was not shortlisted...

In addition, from my experience for a conversion of scheme a lot is at play...for example CEP (Current estimated potential), performance, etc...so a lot of pple (esp my friends in SPF) didn't meet the cut albeit having a degree... my guess is your wife's performance is somewhat not up to their mark (paisay)

It would actually be easier if she resigned and apply for a graduate post with another ministry...

NB: my two cents...paisay if i offended u....

uniSim got subsidize i think

my friend tok adv dip from unisim then shorten degree from uni sim also..think 12-18 month i think coz same course extemption..

though time taken for these 2 cert are same as direct from a dip to degree but infact he told me he save alot in this way..how true i also dont know

btw since thread on degree..issit meaning accredited degree recommended by polytechnics means its recognise in the industry one??

I don't think so... If you read the earlier postings, some have their qualifications rejected by a stat board but accepted by another...

oh..u wan IT..try TMC

quite a number of my friends from there..infact after graduated,no problem finding jobs and some went to v good mnc and very big difference in pay rise...think they from Uni of Monash

knn...you go study for yourself or for other ppl here???

believe in yourself if you want to achieve something, just like how you tackle your wife last time... [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Aiyah, my wife did it before she started work there lar..... so she finished the program midway into her teaching stint.....

End

for a list of approved universities, ask your wife to go to the MOE intranet. also, for the purpose of future degrees etc, it would be wise to check the list of approved universities before embarking on the degree. these days, at least they publish the list. i heard that back then it was like "you go do first, we decide if we want to give it recognition or not later on..." [hur][hur]