Daihatsu Sirion / Toyota Passo (Part 2)

Rainbow

Neutral Newbie

yea.. u started the new thread with some pic.. good good..

so u went to test to see if there is any dimming effect of the headlights when u use the power window?

u change your batt or still on stock batt?

mind i ask if yours is 1.3A too?

i m really very tempted to install the grounding n the volt stab.. haha.. xin itchy itchy.. haha..

Neutral Newbie

yea.. u started the new thread with some pic.. good good..

so u went to test to see if there is any dimming effect of the headlights when u use the power window?

u change your batt or still on stock batt?

mind i ask if yours is 1.3A too?

i m really very tempted to install the grounding n the volt stab.. haha.. xin itchy itchy.. haha..

no dimming effect at all. can't tell any diff when using power window.

yes, i am driving a one-month old 1.3a, still on stock batt. if you are undecided on the grounding, can go down during other people's installation to observe. go kaypo kaypo loh..

btw, i went to spdworks to get the k&N. unfortunately it doesn't fit. the boss told me it is for myvi, and many have bought for their sirion, shouldn't have problem. but he tried and tried, and finally concluded it doesn't fit. so i got a refund. sianz.

they say it is from germany, but it's still very expensive. anyone know shops selling genuine daihatsu parts? might be able to get cheaper from these shops. i know alot of people get their toyota parts (like arm rest) from a shop near little india... any similar lobang for daihatsu?

Neutral Newbie

me looking for such lobang too. heard that the parts from STS is quite exp leh.. jia lak.. me going for my 30k servicing soon.. hopefully some bro/sis out there got lobang for daihatsu spares parts like oil filter and air filter.

just to share the other mod which i explored, but didn't work out. the velocity tuner. http://www.velocitytuner.com/

there are people installing this for abt $50, and the feedback from some owners are very positive. some forumers from foreign sites concluded that this is snakeoil.

anyway, decided to give it a try since it is not expensive. unfortunately, there is no suitable size for the sirion. the best size the installer has, ended up "suffocating" my poor sirion. so i saved $50 loh. [crazy]

most cars have a hose running from the air box to the engine, and they fit the velocity tuner in this hose. for sirion, the only place to fit the VT is the hole in the airbox, just before a "gate" controlling the air into the engine. the space is too tight, so the VT will protrude out into the airbox, pressing against the air filter.

so your horn sounds like BMW loh.. hee. i upgraded to the denso horn by sts for $40. Loud enough but i think the tone of hella and stebel is still sweeter. maybe it is just psychological. ha ha.