Alfa 159 Part II. (any alfa discussion welcomed too)

Chrispie

I see...EA told me they sold about 20+ 159s in June, so should the data quite soon again.

But the distributor has no hand in the design, build quality - perhaps a little of branding (quite little actually as it is a worldwide brand built up over decades). Where the distributor value add is the customer service, nice showroom, after sales service.....as you say, each has to decide whether it is worth it.

Cool, with them pricing the 159 at 96K thereabout, they can move cars. I am waiting for the 1.8Tbi mated to regular auto to come in, hopefully soon. The OMV figure, by the way, is the average of registered cars for previous month, so, for those registered in June, you should be able to see them perhaps 2nd week of July. Check back to LTA site again to see what the OMV is.

I think Audi make good cars but their pricing in SG is a big turn off for me, I won't be ripped off by them. There is always other choices around. Alfa Romeo being one of the obvious one.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Can a golf bag fit into booth of the 159 without removing the driver?

'Driver' as in the person driving the car or as in the golf club ? 'Booth' ?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I think the question is can the golf bag fit into the boot without removing the driver (golf club)....

The boot seems quite small to me...but have to ask existing owners as I am still waiting for my 159 :D

Edited by Garfield1

(edited)

I can fit a stroller + baby chair + pail in the 159 boot - quite a tight fit but can squeeze in. I compared it to my friend's previous gen Honda City, the City boot was double the size of the 159 boot [sweatdrop] . The City is a smaller car but the boot damn big ... go figure.

I got my manual (with clutch version) 159 for 114K 2.5 years ago .. though the price was way higher, the enjoyment so far has been worth it.

.. was recently behind a black 159 near Middle Road when a white 159 SW (Sportswagon) zoomed past from the opposite direction. What are the odds man .. I think EA should be moving quite a number of 159s lately judging from the numbers on the road.

Edited by Count_dukulangsat

(edited)

Was at EA a few weeks back and peeked into the 159 boot. Looked very very small to me. Lady's driver probably can....heh heh.

Hopefully 159 owners can advise us?

Edited by Longhorn

Can fit a golf bag with a little bit of struggle.. yah.. if you take our the driver, will be much easier. 159 boot space is really not that generous..

Neutral Newbie

Can fit a golf bag with a little bit of struggle.. yah.. if you take our the driver, will be much easier. 159 boot space is really not that generous..

Have you tried fitting in 2 golf bags?

Have you tried fitting in 2 golf bags?

2?? Impossible. i can only fit mine, and my friend gotta put his in the back seat.

Mine is the stand bag.. worse if yours is the megabulky Taylormade Cart type..

"EA gotta pay for their showroom, staff, marketing, utilities etc"

Not to mention having to ship the car all the way from Italy ...

That cost is included under OMV

Neutral Newbie

It probably how they average the results....Alfa is overall second, but not in any of the top 3. Daihatsu is only top in the small car category, but overall champion?

Toyota and Mercs appears quite a few time....