Alfa 159 Part II. (any alfa discussion welcomed too)

Chrispie

Neutral Newbie

You just came back from overseas. So try to recall when you cleared immigration in Changi airport where's the most likely place you put your passport after that pretty MO smiled at you. Is it in the windbreaker, or jacket you're wearing. Or side pocket of your trolley bag? Or into your backpack? Or did you have a briefcase?....

I remembered placing it on a shelf after arriving from the airport. Even the wife recall seeing it there. Strangely can't find it on Saturday night.

Glad you all made it back safe and had loads of fun, minus the stone chips.

Neutral Newbie

After my 1 hour external body wash...some more battle scars, I stopped counting after the 5th one...can you imagine just another 2 or 3 runs like this one, my bella's face will be pockmarked. [:p] Can't afford to respray every 6 months... [sweatdrop]

Think the rain helped somewhat to settle down the fine sand and stones, if not I wonder if it will be more jia lat. Probably should just invest in the "transparent bra" you guys were talking earlier. Or maybe kids' textbook plastic cover. [sly]

On a serious note, what is this "transparent bra" you guys were talking about? Kinda curious.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Think the rain helped somewhat to settle down the fine sand and stones, if not I wonder if it will be more jia lat. Probably should just invest in the "transparent bra" you guys were talking earlier. Or maybe kids' textbook plastic cover. [sly]

On a serious note, what is this "transparent bra" you guys were talking about? Kinda curious.

I believe it's a 3M transparent 'skin' - I believe the vendor that I know uses this - a lot of high end sportscars put this on. Effective but downside, you lose the 'shine' of the paintwork. I was told based on the car model, the computer will cut the piece out to fit your car, then it's professionally applied - all 1 piece. Not cut and paste like patchwork. Almost invisible until our weather turns the 'bra' a bit 'yellow-ish' after some time. But sportscar owners will just replace with a new piece, money being no issue with them. [cool]

Edited by Topgun

i saw at Giant tampines, they sell a transparent adhesive tape to wrap various parts of the car too. Sold in a roll. you can just put them on the bumper prior to any run, and remove after that.

My car aldy kena too many chips aldy lah, so no pt for me.. the new cars can consider.

(edited)

i saw at Giant tampines, they sell a transparent adhesive tape to wrap various parts of the car too. Sold in a roll. you can just put them on the bumper prior to any run, and remove after that.

My car aldy kena too many chips aldy lah, so no pt for me.. the new cars can consider.

Any pic of the day event?

Edited by Matt156c

Think the rain helped somewhat to settle down the fine sand and stones, if not I wonder if it will be more jia lat. ...

Yup, Agree with you, the heavy rain does help to settle down the sand and stone. Guess we all got it on the return.

This morning woke up. Walked to my lady, look at her and I felt damn heart pain. Imagine an area of fine dots, like you use a fine tip pen and keep dotting on a whole sheet of A3 paper. Distance between each dot is like 0.8-1cm away. That was the scar she had now. [bigcry]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Some people even use gladwrap :D , and just DIY if you really dun care about the looks.

The professional ones are not what you buy from Giant, they are industrial strength, and won't peel for months or years actually. And they are computer cut from 1 big piece. No joints.

The only thing I notice is that it turns a bit yellowish especially obvious if it's a silver or white car.

But hey, to each his own, depending on your tolerence for heartpain and budget [laugh]

Edited by Topgun

Neutral Newbie

Any pic of the day event?

You know what I didn't take out my camera even though I'd it all the time in the bella [;)]

Hope some of the other pilots took some pics [:/]

Yup, Agree with you, the heavy rain does help to settle down the sand and stone. Guess we all got it on the return.

This morning woke up. Walked to my lady, look at her and I felt damn heart pain. Imagine an area of fine dots, like you use a fine tip pen and keep dotting on a whole sheet of A3 paper. Distance between each dot is like 0.8-1cm away. That was the scar she had now. [bigcry]

not to worry.. mine's worst than yours after the last durian run.. [knife]

Hmmm. how much does a dyno cost? and where is good for the service?

hmm.. i not sure leh.. i also interested to know.. do let me know if u find any :)

hmm.. i not sure leh.. i also interested to know.. do let me know if u find any :)

many shops in AMK Autopoint do provide dyno services. think Autronic or Autotronic in Autopoint has pretty competitive price as my friend went there recently to dyno his wrx. i can't remember exactly how much though.

if you prefer bigger coy, i think Motorimage at Toa Payoh has a dyno with A/F sensor. they do entertain non-subarus. a couple of friends driving fiats did their dyno there.

do call ahead in advance to check the prices and make a booking.

and by right, the tuner should have a preferred dyno place and should be able to get you a discount or smth liddat. i guess the Mito's tuner did a road tune? or just loaded a preset custom map? :angry:

(edited)

many shops in AMK Autopoint do provide dyno services. think Autronic or Autotronic in Autopoint has pretty competitive price as my friend went there recently to dyno his wrx. i can't remember exactly how much though.

if you prefer bigger coy, i think Motorimage at Toa Payoh has a dyno with A/F sensor. they do entertain non-subarus. a couple of friends driving fiats did their dyno there.

do call ahead in advance to check the prices and make a booking.

and by right, the tuner should have a preferred dyno place and should be able to get you a discount or smth liddat. i guess the Mito's tuner did a road tune? or just loaded a preset custom map? :angry:

OBDtuning does a preset 'custom' map. no dynos..

Edited by Iridiumx

Some people even use gladwrap :D , and just DIY if you really dun care about the looks.

The professional ones are not what you buy from Giant, they are industrial strength, and won't peel for months or years actually. And they are computer cut from 1 big piece. No joints.

The only thing I notice is that it turns a bit yellowish especially obvious if it's a silver or white car.

But hey, to each his own, depending on your tolerence for heartpain and budget [laugh]

has stone chips also ugly.. has bra also ugly.. so at the end of the day, the car is not nice..

i rather drv ard with stone chips lah.. haha. save money and u cant really see after the touch up paint..

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Gotten this from AROC...someone posted this. (I did not indicate the number plate. Number do look familiar):

Sorry for coming to your forum and rant about a fellow driver who drove recklessly.

Yesterday morning at around 5.50am, this either sleepy or drunk Alfa was driving on AYE near Normanton Park. He was on Lane 2 but when a Civic in front overtook him, he was seen swerving right then left. Thought he had woken up and then it was my turn but this time, the fool swerved more to the right as I was beside him!

He was driving around 70km/h and I was on cruise control at 90km/h. Had to do e-Brake on this guy. Honked him to wake up or sober him up... then he just swerved and avoided me by recklessly swerving to lane 3 for awhile and then he just sped off up to probably 100+km/h!

I lost him when he sped off like that... not that I was in the mood to chase him after he almost ran me off the road!

Anybody knows this guy? Please talk some sense into him. I was about to call TP and report him and let them call him in. But he's probably slept it off and sobered up.

Please, if you are too sleepy or drunk- get a taxi or something. Don't trouble others or worse, kill someone.

BTW- both my father and brother used to own Alfas... years ago.

Edited by DelleIII

(edited)

Was cleaning my travel photo and found this in my recent Japan trip back in end March. I took the photo from Omotesandō, Tokyo.

2nu7via.jpg

9u54s2.jpg

[cool]

Edited by AFV_V200

I got an iPad. It is a cool gadget. If it can be installed nicely into the car, it is really awesome. Takes the meaning of on-board computer to a whole new level altogether. :D

i always have a crazy idea of having a car-computer...haha [laugh]

and ipad seems to be the perfect one!!

plus i have an iptv, so if ipad can support usb drive, i'll literally have a mobile theatre!!! ^_^

juz a crazy dream lah, think my windscreen will be smashed in no time if i have the ipad installed there... [laugh]

↡ Advertisement