Alfa 159 Part II. (any alfa discussion welcomed too)

Chrispie

The 159 does not auto upshift at redline, unlike the 156. I had on some occasions hit 7k rpm accidentally.

↡ Advertisement

from what i experienced so far, the auto upshifting is only when u engage the D mode.. when at M mode, it acts jz like a manual. Wont change until your input comes in..

Can ignore what others says about the jerkiness aldy.. after driving it for some time, i can say the car can be smoothly driven.. but not comparable to the DSG type of gear box lah.. but if you dun mind the type of 'jerk' for a typical manual, you wont mind the selespeed. In fact , you will love that sudden surge in power at times..

if like that, then can still try but perhaps the revs will cut off at 7krpm. if it still doesn't cut off, then let go throttle. but all engines have rev limiter or so i thought? but Ftco should be right, no autoshift in manual mode unlike 156.

In manual mode for 159 selespeed, the engine will cut off at 7k (self protection) but selespeed will not upshift automatically. However, the sound of the engine between 6-7k is so addictive that I purposely rev all the way till engine cut off before manually upshifting. sunny.gif Upshift is only done in "D" mode.

Hi Torquelover, hardly bumps into you these days at reservoir.. [;)]

Rev until 6-7k??? wah.. what is your FC then? haha..

For me, my definition of rev is only until 5k.. very scared later engine spoil leh..

yep. someone posted here before did say GTA selespeed is developed from F360. and the only diff for the 159 is prob less aggressive than the GTA.