Rough Idle Question

Modeldriver

Neutral Newbie

Yo MCF bros.... noticed lately my car has been having a rather rough idle (more vibration especially when aircon is on).

Any ideas why ?

(Did a compare, Andrewkb mentioned his car doesn't idle as rough)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Sure... U are welcome to look. Assume you mean timing belt. But thought usually those take at least 60K before they start acting up ??? Anyway, let's see how things go this week's meet up - see if I can make it, and U can be earlier (me older than U lah, plus 2 young kids can make U age a lot faster... cannot stay up so late, must koon). [sleeping]

eh, paisay....not timing belt, but rather your throttle body...this can be the most likely cause for rough idling....have u done any grounding?

Neutral Newbie

OIC.... grounding done... but not the super thick grade sort. Sure... welcome to look. [thumbsup]

Uh... if got problem... does that mean full replacement ??? [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Huh ... dun tell me same problem as mine !!! IF IT IS, then probably the entire batch (or model) got problem after 1+yr liao !

no lah, what i will do is just take out the TB for u and do a cleaning up job....very simple....workshop will cost u probably 70-100 bucks....

Where's that ?

It is a solenoid that controls the idling, when a/c cuts in then solenoid will be activated to pull throttle cable and increase idling. This part differs from car to car.

Neutral Newbie

Actually that's been cleaned not that long ago, when I got this little problem with a dislodged Cyclone that jammed @ full trottle [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] Was also checked then to ensure that there was no damaged to the TB.