West Coast Park No More Free Parking

Picnic06-Biante15

Just read today New Paper and it read : West Coast Park: No more free parking next year.

Visitors to West Coast Park will soon be paying a price for the inconsideration of others, in the form of parking charges. From early next year, they will no lomger be able to park their car for free there.

This is a result of some motorists abusing the free parking lots there. Citing difficulties in differentiating genuine park visitors from non-park users, the National Parks Board (NParks) has decided to act.

At times, park there to enjoy a break at Macdonald's but it seem like have to place a coupon leow ..... [:/][:/][:/]

Please don't blame the inconsiderate people but blame the inconsiderate greedy NPB for this...It's just a stupid excuse for the public to believe.....Anyway they can keep their believe as to earn much $$$ for their year end revenue.....So best avoid those places and go somewhere else..... [whip]

↡ Advertisement

Well that is just the perfect excuse for them. Who know in future, we may have to pay to use the park cos it it will be too congested. Need to control human traffic [thumbsdown]

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! lets hope West Coast Mac dun charge carpark. Always go there before my exam n park there whole day while i am in Mac studying........ Cham liao sweatdrop.gif

how u look like? will spot you next time i go and scold you for inconsideratetongue.giflaugh.gif

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!! lets hope West Coast Mac dun charge carpark. Always go there before my exam n park there whole day while i am in Mac studying........ Cham liao [sweatdrop]

really hate inconsiderate children like u. hog the macdonald table whole day to study without really eating. waste space! pple who really want to eat no tables to sit. PUI !!!

i dunno, i fail PSLE and since then i go McDonald kacau girls only, i got eat and drink there but never study, so i dunno if they got rule for study time or notnod.gif

okay lar, she probably has season parking from McDonald... you know lar.... bare back always got previllage one........sly.gif

I've been to West Coast Park on a weekend morning, and found no lots to park in, even at the farthest end away from McDonald's. So many lots are taken up by cars that are obviously season parking there. I notice for example there is always one particular OPC yellow Honda Jazz parked outside McDonald's itself.

These people are depriving genuine McDonald's patrons and park goers of the utility of a parking lot. If got money to buy a car, surely have money to pay for parking lot, right?

Now, everyone has to pay. Whether genuine park user or not. The long term parkers have had their savings, now they have to pay, and they drag everyone to suffer with them. Kena warning already still buay zi dong, want to argue that it is not wrong. There are signs posted there that the parking lots are for genuine parks users only. When they argue that they are a genuine park user, they should search their conscience. Well, its too late for that now.

Another car forum meetup place, gone the way of the dollar.

Well that is just the perfect excuse for them. Who know in future, we may have to pay to use the park cos it it will be too congested. Need to control human traffic [thumbsdown]

Yup..... day time different charges, night time charges slightly cheaper for couples in the park...... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

benches cost, pavillion also collect charges....... etc... what will they come out with next.... [sly][sly]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Lets face it. Fastfood outlets with free parking is fast becoming a thing in the past. Faced with cheapskate car owners and overpopulation. There are really no more places to hangout in SG.

still got one with free parking but don't know for how long free parking will last...

Labrador Park ....... breezy at night and also a good fishing spot.... [nod][nod][nod]

knn... the only 'sarabat' stall just outside the road also closed down for business. it's the place where ppl buy nasi lemak & drinks before proceeding to the seaside for fishing...... [:/][:/][:/]

i dunno issit me or is the west coast parking much more than enuff. i never saw it more than 1/5th full.

then again i always go at unearthly hours. no more west coast park for me then [flowerface]

no matter. if one not so rich, driving louya car, go JB.

if got $$ to drive nice car (scare rob up north), can afford to zap by erp parking in SG la..

somehow i prefer ERP parking. rather not be able to makan the 10-15 mins by coupons than to kena for placing insufficient coupons [sweatdrop]

or alternatively, learn to hang out at fren's house. if got fren stay landed lagi best cos usually got free parking [idea]

↡ Advertisement