How come so many cars on fog lights today?

Nicholas

I did that when my relay spoil, and only can on high beam... but today like a lot sia!

I was wondering if LTA changed the rules or is there a campaign going on... "unhappy with ERP, turn on your fog lights" etc. Just an example. [:p]

Selfish drivers who only want to make their cars look 'nice' without care for other road users. Front fog lamps are still not so bad since they shine low on the road and should not glare oncoming traffic. But those who leave their rear fog lamps on ought to be [rifle]

Mine neither. Actually now first time heard of it, nv notice other cars with that before... [dead]

Rear fog light.. when foggy u turn on, then got a [gorgeous] stand behind the car I think will

[sweatdrop]

http://ask.lta.gov.sg/Home/hybrid/Themes/L...FP=1&Selected=1

Q: What are the penalties if motorists abuse the use of fog lamps?

A: Motorists who abuse the use of fog lamps are liable, upon conviction, to a fine of up to $1,000 or a jail term of up to three months for first offence. Repeat offenders are liable, upon conviction, to a fine of up to $2,000 or a jail term of up to six months.

Seriously, from my office at pasir panjang, I saw until go Defu lane, then go home at CCK... like weird lor.

Thanks for the information. But the cops are never around to impose.

More problem are those who do not "On their Lights at all". THere are more and more of those too. ANyone else notice? THese are just as dangerous if not more.

As for lightings, my 3 main dislikes:

3) Drivers who substitute their headlights with foglights

2) Drivers who use high beams and are oblivious to it (or don't care)

1) Drivers who do not switch on any lights - most of them are women, from my observation.

Neutral Newbie

Got caught by ROV once when i was travelling back from JB. Since it was my first time, he noted my car plate and even show me the LTA notice that cars are forbidded to use fog lamps... [sweatdrop] Let me off with a warning.... [:p]

Bro...you talking about spot lights or fog lights? [sly][pirate]

Spot lights usually are normal bulb but saw some wankers changed to super bright white! [hur][dizzy][knife]

Fog lights are those fitted with yellowish bulb but must be covered at all times on Sillypore roads! Hope I'm not wrong. [dead][whip][confused]

Who needs fog lights on Sillypore road??? [hur][blush][shocked]

Good uses in Malaysia. [thumbsup][smash]

Fog lights may not be yellowish. As long as its the ones below your bumper, they are fog lights..

I only on them when its pouring to see the lane markings..

But there are so many drivers out there who blatantly switch them on like no body biz. 3 months jail!! I must say it is rather harsh.

Most of the cars from cold countries are equip w rear fog lights. Only certain brands they took out the fog lights to comply with our rules here. [cool]

Maybe u misunderstood the LTA officer.

U CAN use fog lights when the visibility is bad but u CANNOT use aftermarket SPOTLIGHTS in SG. Spotlights must b covered at all times in SG. [nod]

↡ Advertisement