SHOCKING!!! PUMP PRICE DOWN 15 CENTS!!!

Papbest

Neutral Newbie

Malaysia cuts fuel price by 6.1%Posted: 14 October 2008 1931 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

KUALA LUMPUR - Malaysia Wednesday cut petrol prices by 6.1 percent amid a fall in world oil prices.

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said the price of petrol would be cut by 15 sen to 2.30 ringgit (0.92 dollars) a litre while diesel prices would fall by 20 sen to 2.20 ringgit effective Wednesday.

It is the third time the government has cut fuel prices since a 41 percent hike in June on the back of soaring crude costs -- a 3.9 percent cut was introduced last month.

The massive rise in June sparked angry street protests and calls for Abdullah to quit. The prime minister later said prices would be reviewed periodically based on the cost of oil.

"Because oil prices have fallen sharply in recent times, the government has decided to cut fuel prices to allow the masses to benefit (from) lower prices," Abdullah said in a statement

June's hike saw inflation skyrocket, with the August price index reaching a 26-year high of 8.5 percent, driven by the escalating cost of food and fuel.

Opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim, who is mounting an aggressive challenge against Abdullah's leadership, has promised to cut fuel prices substantially if he wrests power from the ruling coalition.

↡ Advertisement

This morning's New Paper reporting the peasants ranting on the pump prices.

Expect the price to drop by 5 cents on Friday due to public pressure.

please don't post misleading thread titles... [shakehead][shakehead]

my heart nearly stopped.... [:/]

just pump full tank after waiting till nearly empty, after reading your last prediction of falling prices.... 15cents is like a $6 savings, man! Can have a Big Mac meal at macdonalds... Upsized, somemore! Or 2 x chicken rice and 1 drink at the hawker centre.

MY Diesel $0.92

SG OEM diesel $1.10 (before MY drop price)

price difference: 0.18

no 3/4 tank for diesel junkies like me: 80L full tank [cool]

diesel savings: $14.40

custom in/out fee: say $6 (I am not sure)

actual savings: $8.40

decision, just continue to support oem [cool]